searching for a viewfinder for my old cambo wide 650 to no avail, I have been considering other options. Thought of using an Iphone. Any thoughts? May seem like a long way to go, but it would be cheaper and bigger than anything available in an optic viewfinder - and more importantly AVAILABLE - or closer to being available.

The stock lens on the iphone - from what I have read, I have a droid, is equivalent to about 35mm on 135 film, so I would need a wide accessory lens of some type.

Was thinking I could use the viewfinder app which appears to be great. GPS and notes would be added benefit. Wondering about a rangefinder app, I know it exists but could not find anything on its accuracy. Would be great to have them both combined in one app but that does not seem likely, unless the viewfinder app has it?

Couple questions. I would like to mount the phone behind the camera, but that involves somehow rigging the wide lens adapter to the phone, in a way that would allow it to protrude out beyond the camera body with film holder attached.

I found this from alpa: but the price is crazy and I would rather mount the phone on the back of the camera instead of the top.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	articles-010900010_DSC4715s.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	73334

any input appreciated. thanks.