Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: follow up...

Re: follow up...

Joseph,

I look forward to your report. I hope everything works out, for both our sakes.

Once, when I was a teenager visiting Los Angeles from the SJV, I wanted to stay in LA longer than my ride did, so a buddy and I decided to hitchhike home -- it was only a couple hours by car, right? We made it as far as Solvang (charming town) and were stranded there two days before getting a ride to Bakersfield. A kindhearted waitress in Bakersfield comp'ed our breakfast and let us lie down in the back while we waited for our ride to arrive from Porterville. Hitchhiking was usually very reliable, in those days. I blame my traveling partner's suspicious face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay DeFehr View Post
    Joseph,

I look forward to your report. I hope everything works out, for both our sakes.

Once, when I was a teenager visiting Los Angeles from the SJV, I wanted to stay in LA longer than my ride did, so a buddy and I decided to hitchhike home -- it was only a couple hours by car, right? We made it as far as Solvang (charming town) and were stranded there two days before getting a ride to Bakersfield. A kindhearted waitress in Bakersfield comp'ed our breakfast and let us lie down in the back while we waited for our ride to arrive from Porterville. Hitchhiking was usually very reliable, in those days. I blame my traveling partner's suspicious face.
    Solvang?? You guys went the wrong way!
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cienfuegos View Post
    Solvang?? You guys went the wrong way!
    Unfortunately, hitchhikers can't always take the most direct route, and sometimes any ride seems better than no ride. It's a calculated risk, and we don't always calculate well. I hitched a lot in those days, and have a lot of fond memories, and some that look better in retrospect, like my visit to Solvang.