Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
...Those with a liberal outlook (who make up a large portion of our country's population)...

...those with a liberal outlook (who make up a large majority of our country's population)...
It's too late to edit; I rushed an addition to my post and screwed it up. The "second chorus" was intended to be a refrain of the first, i.e. portion, not majority. Haste makes waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ambrose View Post
Sal, I like your style but your politics are as nutty as the 9th Circuit's.

Which (to steal your pitch and build on it) is the circuit most reversed by the Supreme Court whose decisions in reversing the 9th Circuit are generally considered by those with a reasonable, sane and normal outlook (who make up a large majority of our country's population) to be completely correct in that they corral the vast overreaches and downright lunatic decisions of a maverick left leaning circuit...
Not withstanding my word salad, you are clearly demonstrating the polarization that tears this country apart. A large portion of the US population agrees with many, if not most, progressive decisions made by courts such as the 9th Circuit and disagrees when SCOTUS overturns them. That liberal segment, approximately as numerous as are conservatives, finds the SCOTUS majority "nutty," not reasonable, sane or normal.

The fact that our election results so frequently approach 50-50, decided by extremely small margins, offers little hope consensus or rational compromise is in the cards. I find the situation sad and have no prescription to improve it. My coping strategy is to spend time hiking and photographing far away from people.