Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Ebay policy of the week - partial refunds

Re: New Ebay policy of the week - partial refunds

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. The only two times I've been screwed over on ebay was as a BUYER. I've bought and sold hundreds of items on eBay with virtually no problems. I think everyone complains about eBay too much.
    I have had my clock cleaned or bank account by ebay/paypal .. in the past just considered it the cost of doing business... not anymore... i am quitting selling large cost items... now i will sell for cheap ... if a person has a complaint, i just refund full amount with shipping and let them keep the item. Just a way to empty out my garage ... "my trash is an-others treasure"

For years now i have made money selling used photo stuff. I used to be a good professional photographer... just got lazy and started to make money on stuff instead of my services. Its just time to turn that around.....

Hey "Old Feeble" Have you ever seen a "fake" money order... i have ... my bank had never seen one either... took two weeks for me to find out...Yepper Money Orders can bounce.. but by that time the item was shipped....We also have another problem developing check this out http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-ne...ves-ar-400342/ Have you ever had a package just stolen off your doorstep?

photobymike... No, I've never seen a fake postal MO. BTW, I cash postal MO's at my PO just prior to shipment. If it's fake they won't cash it and I won't ship so I'll only be out some time. There's a PO just a couple of blocks away from my work location so I can take care of shipping during lunch. All this stated... I don't have the patience to deal with eBay... I think that company just might kill me and I'm not ready to kick the bucket just yet.

So I guess I'll sell just an item or two at a time on the forums. Once folks know that I'm not a scamming liar I ought to do alright. I'll sell cheaply enough that I won't have to wait a month to sell nor will I endlessly bump my threads while lowering the prices by a measly 2 or 3 percent trying to squeeze every single penny out of whatever. I just want this stuff out of my way and some cash to get some things done around here. Hopefully, I'll get it right and make everyone happy.

Anybody from south Texas has to be trust worthy ... i would buy from you.... yea i use the USPS only!! for money orders....Actually my sales are way down in the past months... people do not have the money anymore to buy camera stuff... in the past 3 months the only significant sales has been to other dealers hoping to buy cheap in plans for the recovery of the economy

I won a very large number of auctions on evilpay, before it went belly-up.

I stopped using it when they insisted on paypill, and will never use the bay again. Never.

So if anybody wants to sell anything to me (I'm always buying stuff), they can do it here or APUG.

End of story.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

hey, photobymike... Likewise with S. Florida integrity. I bet if my prices are low enough and my descriptions honest I can sell a ton of stuff, albeit at substantial loss.

I hear you, Leigh. Ebay was always bad but PayPal was okay until eBay bought them.

Keep your eyes open in the next few weeks/months. I'll be selling things just 2-3 at a time. I'll probably list different things on APUG because I'm aware that many members are on both sites and this increases my offerings. My moniker is the same on both sites.

I had decided not to sell on the forums but eBay policies changed my mind.

BTW, IMHO, eBay has made some definite IMPROVEMENTS since I dealt with them a decade ago. If you have a problem you can actually talk to or email with a real person who seems to give a damn. THAT is a real improvement for sure. So maybe there's hope?

Hey OLD n FEEBLE ..let me know when you list.... i am looking for a field 4x5 camera and lens for group portraits ..probably a graflex .... and any Pentax 67 stuff.....

photbymike... Will do. If you'll PM with some specifics I'll try to find what you need. But I'm going to post it for sale in open forum for all to see for complete transparency on my part. I'll let you have first dibs at below market value. Fair enough?

Who needs eBay anyway? If one thing isn't bad something else is. They fix one thing and immediately mess up another.

I've been selling a few things this year on evilbay and have seen many requests for a partial refund. I always insist that the buyer just send the item back and I'll refund the money. By the way, even if you say no returns, as is, evilbay will hold your money and usually side with the buyer. There is NO seller protection on evilbay and anything can be returned to a seller. Most buyers who want a partial refund end up keeping the item end of story when I request the item back.