Hey guys,

I've been shooting a lot of MF(Hasselblad) lately, and have been enlarging the majority of my b/w onto 11x14 paper. Been going through Ilford WT FB like its water ! The past 3 weeks or so, every time I pick up a 11x14 piece of paper, I've thought "why not try out 11x14 film?

But then I get to thinking some more. That would mean I'd need to sell my 8x10 camera, at least 1/2 my 8x10 holders(that's about 11 holders), buy 4-5 11x14 holders(preferably Fidelity's), and a camera. I really like the Phillips design, but the 11x14 reversible(Compact II model, IIRC) is rarer than hen's teeth it seems, and damned expensive! Not to mention get a scanner that can handle 11x14 film(hence my interest in trading my drum scanner for an Eversmart Supreme II)

Does anyone here in the LA area have an 11x14 I could meet up with you to see in-person, to see if this is something I'd like to partake in pursuing?

My main reasons for going to 11x14 would be that

1. I like the larger negative(primarily to contact print b/w)
2. I can still use 8x10 for when I'd like to shoot color, but with an 8x10 reducing back.

Am I crazy to think this way? I'm 24, not made of money(yet at least ), but have compiled a nice kit of lenses that for the most part, can cover 11x14 with movements(14" 7.7 Dagor, 450mm Nikkor-M, 24" RDA, 30" RDA). Although I purchased them with the intention of using them with 8x10. Most people my age would rather hang out with friends(I don't really have any, honest) and drink beer. I'd rather make photographs and camp out.

I don't shoot a "lot", but looking at 11x14 contact prints of Brett Westons(Carmel, CA, for a Christopher Burkett show) has me entranced, and shooting MF as my "light camera" would be a nice complement for when I need more frames quickly.

help!

-Dan