Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chamonix 045N-2 opinions needed...

Chamonix 045N-2 opinions needed...

I'm looking for comments/observations from owners of the Chamonix 045N-2. Is there better at that price point?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Chamonix 045N-2 opinions needed...

I own the original version. I don't think there is better at twice the price point. IMHO. I think it is a stellar camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Goldman View Post
    I own the original version. I don't think there is better at twice the price point. IMHO. I think it is a stellar camera.
    I own the n2 and totally agree with Harley.

Holy cow, Harley. Awesome work on your site. I'm suffering from some serious print envy.

Best regards,
    Leo

Landscape Addict

I have a friend who has one and it is a beautiful piece of gear.. As nice a camera as I have seen..

I would say its the camera I will be buying to replace my monorail (that is, once my point and shoot 4x5 is finished)
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Preston Birdwell

I bought a N-2 in December. It is a wonderful camera and worth every penny...and then some. It is beautifully constructed, works smoothly, and is very rigid. My only nit, and a minor one, is that front rise/fall and tilt do not have separate locks. Also, the extension board is a worthwhile investment if you do close-up work, or want to use a 450mm lens.

The Chamonix is a very capable and beautiful instrument for field use.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Beautiful camera. I really love it.

Thanks for all the input thus far, really appreciate it. This camera sounds as good as it looks it seems.

So nothing out there at that price point worth considering against the 045N-2?

Quote Originally Posted by 36cm2 View Post
    Holy cow, Harley. Awesome work on your site. I'm suffering from some serious print envy.

Best regards,
    Leo
    I have to second this sentiment very strongly. Harley's work left me a bit speechless. Your Rocky mountain series is amazing.

Harley, if I may ask, which of those images were made with the Chamonix, if any? And what lens was used?

PS- Great looking canine companion there also. I recognized him from a post in another tread here titled "post a pic with your camera", I think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Carterofmars View Post
    Thanks for all the input thus far, really appreciate it. This camera sounds as good as it looks it seems.

So nothing out there at that price point worth considering against the 045N-2?
    I've been wondering about this myself. The Shen-Hao is, by the time you get the fresnel, in the same price range. Also in the same price range is the Tachihara. I like the looks of the Tachihara and it's well known and respected, but I like the interchangeable bellows on the Chamonix (and the Shen-Hao for that matter.)