Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Newbie, exploring options....Advice PLEASE

Re: Newbie, exploring options....Advice PLEASE

Thanks, I've heard of great deals out there, and I am actively looking. I will shoot a roll thru the Hasselblad and have it developed and printed just to see what I get.
    I will keep an eye out for a loupe, I have not found a used one yet. I went to a local photography club last night, EVERYTHING was digital. I did not get to talk to everyone but no one I did talk to using film. It just takes patience and a lot of looking.

Bill, I think in all likelihood you are going to see few people in a general photography club shooting film, so that's no surprise at all. I'm sure the vast majority of members in the LF Forum also shoot digital in some form or another--it is where photography is at this point in time. Just sayin' Regarding the Hasselblad, I expect that you may be disappointed with having only a 150 mm lens. Note that the 150 is a great lens but having only a telephoto lens sure takes away from its versatility. If you find that you like the Hassy then I expect you'll want a more normal perspective/FL lens, like the 80 mm. BTW-that's one area where a Rolleiflex TLR shines, it has only one FL so that doesn't get you into that lens acquisition disease and it's a stellar performer. One normal lens and you are downtown. The same applies to LF too. You can go a long way with a standard FL lens but will be rather limited with only a long lens.

Bill, you don't HAVE to have running water in your darkroom. Search "Ilford Wash method" (for film) -uses a minimal amount of H2O for an archival wash.
    Prints can be washed to the same standard using the soak and dump method.