Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are people really paying $1000+ for Speed Graphic and Aero Ektar combos?

Re: Are people really paying $1000+ for Speed Graphic and Aero Ektar combos?

You can find one for 200 easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Oh they do that all the time on RFF, someone will launch a thread extolling the Leica SL or a Contax RTS and amazingly there also appears an ad selling one. They never explain why they are selling such a great camera or lens either!
    Rff is probably the worst for this...following the puff-piece threads that are pumping up certain pieces of mundane equipment can be pretty funny - the buyers seem like swarming pirahna sometimes. It doesn't hurt that a good number of the RFF guys tend to have more than average spending cash (and some have serious shopping addictions). If anybody wants to sell some unloved 35mm lenses throw them up on the RFF classifieds and say they produce a "sonnar-like" signature (you can thank me later ).

No offense to the RFF guys (hey, I'll admit to being one) - just poking a little fun

The most I paid for an Aero Ektar was $300 for one in near-perfect shape. The best deal I had on one was for $100--which I promptly sold for $480. Didn't even have to "talk it up" either.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by dap View Post
    Rff is probably the worst for this...following the puff-piece threads that are pumping up certain pieces of mundane equipment can be pretty funny - the buyers seem like swarming pirahna sometimes. It doesn't hurt that a good number of the RFF guys tend to have more than average spending cash (and some have serious shopping addictions). If anybody wants to sell some unloved 35mm lenses throw them up on the RFF classifieds and say they produce a "sonnar-like" signature (you can thank me later ).

No offense to the RFF guys (hey, I'll admit to being one) - just poking a little fun
    That seems to happen on most forums... even here. Too many coincidences.

Recently ended auction site - £452.50 for the lens alone, I quote the seller "Kodak Aero Ektar f2.5 7 in 178mm 5x5 # EE1001 is this the first ever made! NICE1"

I've just won an aerial camera, same auction site for £180 all in, has the Aero Ektar lens, and I was only after it for the shutter in the body plus the mechanics in the film back. . .

I had a laugh about that one - first one ever made in 1944 would be more accurate. Three others went for £254, £274 and £335 respectively while a 3x4 RB Graflex with Aero Ektar installed was unsold at £299.

Hello lads,

I had an aero ektar a few years ago but there was lot of fungus inside, i sold it.

Now i would like to buy an other one of this combo aero ektar / speed graphic.
    Or maybe an aero ektar and i'll buy the speed separately.
    So if one of you lucky guys have a nice aero ektar for sale (one with clear beautiful lense) please contact me : frcolin@yahoo.com

Thanks for everything.
    Bye.

"Fools and their money are soon parted." Will Rogers

Frcolin, I'd strongly suggest that you delete your email address from your post, before too many spam people get a hold of it, or your inbox will soon be full.

Thank you kurt,
    But this email is done specially for this kind of situation. It's already full of spams
    And i have to look regulary in the spam box because some "trustfull" messages can go automatically in it.

But my offer about an aero at a normal (let's say "decent") price is still on the track.
    (of course you would be stupid to sell to me an aero ektar at 250£ when you can sell it 500 on ebay).