Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPod photo apps

Re: iPod photo apps

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Miller View Post
    The Photographer's Ephemeris is a great app for planning landscape photos. You can see the direction and timing of sunrise, sunset, moonrise, mooonset and a host of other information for any location on any day.
    +1. Amazing app...

Interesting apps for large format (in addition to TPE, Film Timer, and MDC, which have already been mentioned, and not including other interesting photographic apps not so relevant to large format):

Light Meter (requires a device with a camera)
    Viewfinder Pro (requires a device with a camera), which is a director's finder, and I think Alpa actually makes an iPhone mount so you can use this app as a digital finder for their superwide camera
    pCam--mainly for cinematographers, but makes many useful photographic calculations. Expensive for an app, but not expensive for what it does well.
    Daylight--when is the golden hour, and how many hours of light do you have left?
    Tide Graph--if you shoot seascapes and low tide is interesting to you
    iHandy level--level for squaring up the camera, hanging framed photos, etc.
    Easy Release--if you need model releases, there are three formats ranging in extent of detail, legally acceptable to Alamy and presumably other agencies, and the subject can sign right on the phone. You can e-mail them as PDFs later.

Director @ Images Argentiques sultanofcognac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Miller View Post
    The Photographer's Ephemeris is a great app for planning landscape photos. You can see the direction and timing of sunrise, sunset, moonrise, mooonset and a host of other information for any location on any day.
    This is one of my favourite apps! . . along with Massive Dev Chart, Light Meter, Viewfinder Pro, and pCam.

If you're doing any model shots you might consider Easy Release.

Cheers,

Johnny

I've just realised that I almost mimicked the post above !
    Last edited by sultanofcognac; 14-May-2012 at 00:43.
    Are we truly creative, or simply too lethargic to become pedestrian?

Sorry, wrong thread.

Question on the Massive Development Chart. I just switched from an iPod touch to an iPhone, loading the app from the same computer/source that I back up the iPod touch to. The program transferred fine, but none of the custom recipes transferred.

Anyone know how to get these over to a new device?
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

I've just recently retired my Berry to an iphone, and im quite amazed by the number the tools / apps there are for photographers. I downloaded a lightmeter the other day and albeit i wont use it for serious work but its surprisingly accurate. I own a ipod touch as well that ive gotten for free with my macbook, and its basically the same thing without a phone capability.

I'd say go for it and i'm sure you'll find a number of apps quite useful.

iPod photo apps

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    Question on the Massive Development Chart. I just switched from an iPod touch to an iPhone, loading the app from the same computer/source that I back up the iPod touch to. The program transferred fine, but none of the custom recipes transferred.

Anyone know how to get these over to a new device?
    It's a stupid iPhone issue, annoying as I had some custom times I had set but not put down on old fashioned PAPER lol

iPod photo apps

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    It's a stupid iPhone issue, annoying as I had some custom times I had set but not put down on old fashioned PAPER lol
    It's not an iPhone issue its a issue with the developer of the app. There are countless other applications that allow you save settings and files from individual applications via iTunes, email or iCloud.

The developer of the app has done next to nothing to update it. For example the ipad has been out for how many years and they still have not updated the interface to be fully ipad compatible.

As for your dev settings you will ether have to re enter them or you can restore the whole iPhone and restore it from the last back up of the old device.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

iPod photo apps

Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    It's not an iPhone issue its a issue with the developer of the app. There are countless other applications that allow you save settings and files from individual applications via iTunes, email or iCloud.

The developer of the app has done next to nothing to update it. For example the ipad has been out for how many years and they still have not updated the interface to be fully ipad compatible.

As for your dev settings you will ether have to re enter them or you can restore the whole iPhone and restore it from the last back up of the old device.
    I relied on iCloud so I'll have to see I think I posted it somewhere... Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I relied on iCloud so I'll have to see I think I posted it somewhere... Thanks..
    You can write them out in "notes" app, then they get synched up and stored