Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11x14 Color Transparency Film

11x14 Color Transparency Film

Hello all,

I am in the beginning stages of planning a project that will require 11x14 color transparency film. I thought I would ask to see if anyone has any information regarding 11x14 color transparency film. Any ideas on where I can get it. I'm fine with either Fuji or Kodak. I have already contacted Keith Canham inquiring about Kodak 11x14 color trans. Does anyone know who I would contact to inquire about Fuji 11x14?

Basically any information on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all,
    Kyle

Re: 11x14 Color Transparency Film

Jeff at badgergraphic.com
    He's orchestrated 11x14 provia orders in the last couple years, before the big storm.

As Kodak recently announced that they will be discontinuing their all color transparency films, Fuji will be your only choice.

Unfortunately, the last time Jeff (Badger) ran a special order for 11x14 Fuji transparency film, he said it would be the last one, that Fuji was going to stop accepting orders for 11x14. But you should check with him to see whether anything has changed.

Thank you all very much! I'm going to call Jeff right now.

So just in case people are curious. Fuji is not accepting 11x14 orders anymore. And Kodak is discontinuing e6 film. Jeff at Badger said I may still be able to make a Kodak order, but the last time he checked the minimum 11x14 order is $15,000.

If anybody has any suggestions of any type of e6 film that I may be able to get in 11x14, please let me know. Thanks!

I'm interested in the reasons requiring 11x14. Are you displaying them as is or do you have a hole burning in your pocket?

Haha, it's a project involving them as raw transparencies. Too complicated to explain through text If I'm able to do it, I will be sure to start a thread showing what I did and how I did it. Thank you again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by KyledeC View Post
    Haha, it's a project involving them as raw transparencies. Too complicated to explain through text If I'm able to do it, I will be sure to start a thread showing what I did and how I did it. Thank you again for your help.
    Since you will be displaying the transparencies as a finished piece, an alternative approach for the project is to use backlight inkjet material.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

You might try e-mailing Dirk at JAPAN EXPOSURES

http://www.japanexposures.com/about/

about ordering 11x14 Fuji E6 film. Fuji seems to be more inclined to make film for their home market/Japan, like VELVIA 100 in 5x7 and ASTIA in 8x10, etc. It won't be cheap :-(

Namaste
    Daniel