Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HP Combi-Plan T now discontinued

Re: HP Combi-Plan T now discontinued

That's an even better idea . Usually though I just use my computer desk at night with the lights taped off and the router covered.
    My website Flickr
    "There is little or no ‘reality’ in the blacks, grays and whites of either the informational or expressive black-and-white image" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by unixrevolution View Post
    Id love to find one myself, but they are an option. Why are you being hostile with me for trying to help?
    I've recently purchased a Jobo CPA2 and I also have a Paterson Orbital (with automatic base). If I have success with the Jobo, I'll be moving my Orbital on. Keep in touch if you're interested in one!

Didn't see the need to start a new thread, but I'm wanting to know if the Combi-Plan tank is microwaveable----sometimes to get my chemicals closer to the desired water-bath temp quicker (especially in winter), I'll give them, while in a microwavealbe container, just a few short bursts of time in the microwave. I've never done it while the developer is in the tank---anyone know the answer. I could try, but don't want to damage the tank in any way.

Thanks

Ahh I have 4 of them and use them often!
    Wally Brooks

Everything is Analog!
    Any Fool Can Shoot Digital!
    Any Coward can shoot a zoom! Use primes and get closer.

As an alternative I found 32 oz stainless Bain Marie containers for serving food. These are available from resturaunt supplies outlets and on line from Instawares in New York City. I use a water bath to stabailze temp in winter and summer. Last time I bought these they were $4.00 each!
    Wally Brooks

Everything is Analog!
    Any Fool Can Shoot Digital!
    Any Coward can shoot a zoom! Use primes and get closer.

Food grade stainless steel and photo grade stainless steel are not the same. Watch out for pitting from the chemistry which can lead to cross contamination.

Quote Originally Posted by welly View Post
    I've recently purchased a Jobo CPA2 and I also have a Paterson Orbital (with automatic base). If I have success with the Jobo, I'll be moving my Orbital on. Keep in touch if you're interested in one!
    For the past few weeks I have been running all my film using a Jobo CPP2 and simply could not imagine going back to hand souping any format unless it is for teaching a workshop, super small runs or in the field. The consistency, the sheer brilliance in image quality is something I can truly count on from a both a creative and business standpoint. Now I understand why these machines set the standard.

Everything that is not a Jobo in my gear closet is going to mostly collect dust...

Quote Originally Posted by welly View Post
    I have since bought the orbital from this very kind and patient gentleman, and I've had a chance to use it. The Combi-Plan is out of here. I have it listed on the marketplace if anyone's interested.
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)

I know this an old thread but I bought one of these tanks in summer 2012 so that I could process film when on (annual) vacation in the UK. The TSA will allow hand searching of film when leaving the US, but no such consideration leaving the UK, they get the full dose of x-rays, and I have spoilt negatives to prove that it does affect (400ASA) sheet film. There are fewer labs each year who will process it in the UK, and the last one that I used, in Edinburgh, ruined a dozen sheets, heartbreaking. So, if you want a job doing properly..... I've only just around to testing out the tank in preparation for our imminent trip, and realized that extra negative carriers would be perfect for a traveling lab. I now I find that it is no longer made - my question is therefore primarily aimed at Bob Salomon - are there any of these carriers left?

Quote Originally Posted by She_Mule View Post
    I know this an old thread but I bought one of these tanks in summer 2012 so that I could process film when on (annual) vacation in the UK. The TSA will allow hand searching of film when leaving the US, but no such consideration leaving the UK, they get the full dose of x-rays, and I have spoilt negatives to prove that it does affect (400ASA) sheet film. There are fewer labs each year who will process it in the UK, and the last one that I used, in Edinburgh, ruined a dozen sheets, heartbreaking. So, if you want a job doing properly..... I've only just around to testing out the tank in preparation for our imminent trip, and realized that extra negative carriers would be perfect for a traveling lab. I now I find that it is no longer made - my question is therefore primarily aimed at Bob Salomon - are there any of these carriers left?
    Lots. The only part no longer available at this time is the tank body. You will probably have to order spare parts from a USA camera store.