Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6th grade camp!

Re: 6th grade camp!

Don't know how busy you will be ,but a bunch of six graders can be a handful, I have always thought that I could sneak away for an hour or two with my sons boyscout troop but it never happened . Theres all ways something going on, so left the big camera at home and took the 120 med format for "Scout" photo's glad I did got some great ones of my son.

Mike

I just got back & I'm exhausted. The other chaperone in the cabin snored like a pig farts, every 3-4 seconds with runs approx. 18-24 minutes with barely a respite in between!
    I spent much of my time running the grisgris on the rock climbing wall or drinking coffee, and trying to sleep in the car when I wasn't helping with the outdoor classes.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Glad to hear that you made it out alive! Sleep depravation torture!

Our environmental camp was the fifth grade and for two nights. Only about 50 miles north in the redwoods. I remember cooking a lot of pancakes and washing a lot of dishes! Activities for the day were well handled by the staff. I am afraid that I was probably the one who snored in our cabin -- two adults and a dozen or so boys!

Vaughn

If the kids were bigger---maybe 8th graders---we would have given the other chaperone a "blanket party"
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White