Thread: Modern or traditional?

Modern or traditional?

I'm rebuilding my darkroom with the intention of shooting and printing B&W.
    I have never really studied B&W in serious detail, where I worked many years ago it was either FP4 or HP5 souped
    in deep tanks of Microphen.
    So now I'm looking to shoot a bit for fun as a refief from all the digital nonsense I have to deal with most days.
    I know the permutations of film and dev are endless, but I want to standerise as much as possible to begin with.
    I've never used film like Delta, what are the differences between the Delta type films and the FP4 Tri X traditional films.

Kevin.

Re: Modern or traditional?

Quote Originally Posted by Noeyedear View Post
    I'm rebuilding my darkroom with the intention of shooting and printing B&W.
    I have never really studied B&W in serious detail, where I worked many years ago it was either FP4 or HP5 souped
    in deep tanks of Microphen.
    So now I'm looking to shoot a bit for fun as a refief from all the digital nonsense I have to deal with most days.
    I know the permutations of film and dev are endless, but I want to standerise as much as possible to begin with.
    I've never used film like Delta, what are the differences between the Delta type films and the FP4 Tri X traditional films.

Kevin.
    Purchase some of each and try them. Then you will have a feel for there qualities and characteristics.