Thread: Morocco!

Morocco!

I saw the other thread on travelling to Morocco / desert photography, but I wanted to see if anybody had any more recent info on travelling to the country or surrounding nations. I am currently gearing up for a move over to Rabat and wanted to hear informed opinions and advice on the country and photography there.

I am planning on taking almost all of my gear and continuing to hand process all of my negatives at my new apartment. Any advice on photo clubs, darkrooms (a stretch, I know) or schools with photography programs to glom onto?

Thanks.

Luis

Re: Morocco!

Last time I was in Rabat it was about 25 years ago, so my info about the city isn't updated, but I do visit the country often since I left. My experience is that the most of photography clubs i knew are gone and film supply, even in big stores back then, somewhat limited.
    I'd drop by foreign cultural institutions like Instituto Cervantes in Rabat as they do run exhibitions and have first hand knowledge of art life, they can give you some useful pointers.

Re: Morocco!

Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it!