Thread: 150mm f5.6 Fujinon

150mm f5.6 Fujinon

I recently bought a 150mm f5.6 Fujinon W. The Serial NO. is 533845 and unlike any of the 150mm Fuji lenses I have seen listed in the forum, this one appears to be multicoated and uses 55mm filters. I have not had a chance to test it but it appears to cover 5x7 with movements. Has anyone used this lens? Kerry, do you have any information? Preston

150mm f5.6 Fujinon

http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/ws-nws.htm should take you to Kerry's catalog page on which you will find a chart that shows this lens with an image circle of 224mm and filter thread of 55mm. Hope that helps Preston. No, I still haven't mounted the 110mm on the 8x10. Focusing on something at infinity will require my going outside where it is much too cold at the moment!

Octogenarian

150mm f5.6 Fujinon

Hi Preston,

You can find out everything you want to know about every Fujinon Large Format Lens ever made at www.members.aol.com/subgallery/. It is billed as "the web's most complete Fujinon large format lens list".

They do not list a 150W with a 55mm filter thread. Are you sure your lens has a 55mm thread?

150mm f5.6 Fujinon

I have a Fuji 125 W f5.6 that has 55mm filter size despite all the listings that say it also wasn't made. Yes, I am sure it is 55mm, it is multicoated and very similiar to a CMW. Glad to hear of another W with 55mm filter size as this is the first I have heard of other than mine.

I also have a Fuji 150 W f6.3 that is a completely different lens type that is older, smaller and single coated in Seiko shutter. 40.5mm filter.

If you read all the listings and Kerry's work online and in View Camera magazine you will find that the W line is very confusing and can only be differentiated by filter size in some cases. So with a 55mm filter size (that doesn't exist) I don't really know what I have but it is a great lens so I'm happy. Fuji seems to do things their own way as the W designation and serial # were assigned in what seems to be an arbitrary manner.

150mm f5.6 Fujinon

Hey Bob Finley, if you go to http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/ws-nws.htm you will find your 125mm f5.6 lens on the same chart I pointed Preston to.

150mm f5.6 Fujinon

Thank you Robert and I apologize for not paying attention the first time. I have been on Kerry's site so often I thought I knew it by heart but that chart is new to me. I still don't know how to get there without your directions but at least I now know I have an NWS.

150mm f5.6 Fujinon

Thanks for this site. I could not find it while looking for answers before I sent the Question.Now I have to test the lensto see how good it is.