Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dagor77 or Steven King?

Dagor77 or Steven King?

Many of us have done business with Dagor77. But for me, I follow his ePay ads for the great writing. He has, once again, pushed the envelope and has eery (sp?) photos to go with his best story ever.

I hope it's just fiction.

Gotta love it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2977388677&category=15247

Dagor77 or Steven King?

I think Dagor jumped to contusions, so to speak. Had he checked the garden shed out back, he would have discovered the blood-stained axe. Just about the size of the corner of a Dorff. ;-)

Dagor77 or Steven King?

Fiction? From Dagor77? Impossible, unless he's writing about coverage.

Dagor77 or Steven King?

I just he would put things in proper categories on e*ay. I hate it when he decides to put up the entire contents of his bookshelves under "Computers & Electronics > Cameras & Photo > Film Cameras > Large Format" instead of an appropriate book category. Likewise, people who put lenses (and other accessories) under camera body categories instead of under an appropriate... (oh shit... I'm ranting)...

To be fair and honest, he is far from being the only (or worst) offender.

Dagor77 or Steven King?

trouble is, the ebay categories themselves are quite illogical and scattered all over. Many people just look in the general categories. A lot, lot less people look under Cameras & Photo > Lenses> Large Format than look under Cameras & Photo > Film Cameras > Large Format, for example. And Cameras & Photo > Accesories>LF gets even less visitors by comparison. Personally I'd never waste my time listing anything in the latter category - it's where there are often deals to be found, because less people find the stuff and fewer people bid on it.

Ebay has often split and subcategorized different categories in strange ways in the past and then split off from those again. Lots of people never really find some of those sub-categories. Of course, while they may claim it's for convenience, a major reason for all the confliciting sub categorires is to get you to list on more than one category and spend more in the (ever growing) ebay fees.
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Dagor77 or Steven King?

The story MUST be true, because he's repeated it so often.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Dagor77 or Steven King?

Bob, as one of dagor77's fellow offenders, let me try to justify my putting a lens into the film cameras large format category. (It will be in the large format lenses category, also.) I am trying to sell the item, and I am trying to get a good price for it. Two entries get more attention. More attention results in more bids. More bids result in a better price.

I do use titles that make it clear what sort of item I am selling.

Dagor77 or Steven King?

You think you have got it bad - check out ebay.co.uk categories: e.g. "Darkroom & Studio" which is then split in to 4 sub-sections "Darkroom", "Studio", "Paper" and..... "Other Darkroom & Studio"...

I mean... excuse me? What? No... really, WHAT? I mean....

I just find eBay so irritating these days (and the way the company itself does business in such a low-life manner) I can't bring myself to use it anymore (unless of course a *really* good deal pops up)...

Cheers,

Dagor77 or Steven King?

Yeah, I know... I was just going a little out of control... :-)

Still, I wonder what the hell guys are thinking when they list 35mm gear in the large format section! :-)

Dagor77 or Steven King?

Gosh, guys, you are too picky! Finally somebody who brings some spark and excitement into buying and selling photographic gear. I for once look forward to visiting each and every of his items, mostly for the stories and for the superb product photography, even though most of his products aren't for me.