Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which camera to buy very new to Large format

Re: Which camera to buy very new to Large format

The current production run of Chamonix 45N-2 is now, but I don't know if the list is full. I'm on it and am waiting for Hugo's "it's shipped" email.

edit: Previous to the Chamonix I had a Toyo 45A, which is more limited in movements. For landscapes I never felt the need for more movements.

My wide is the Fuji 90, which is quite good and is relatively inexpensive according to current eBay prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Trius View Post
    The current production run of Chamonix 45N-2 is now, but I don't know if the list is full. I'm on it and am waiting for Hugo's "it's shipped" email.

edit: Previous to the Chamonix I had a Toyo 45A, which is more limited in movements. For landscapes I never felt the need for more movements.

My wide is the Fuji 90, which is quite good and is relatively inexpensive according to current eBay prices.
    Thanks for the reply I usually shoot at 16mm with my DSLR again depending on composition 16-20 but Something tells me that I will not need wider than 90mm so there is less corrections I need to make and I plan to take pictures focussing at infinity and try and get consistent results then I will try different compositions with foreground subjects.

Dwarak, if you are interested in getting a Chamonix in this production run (versus waiting perhaps another 6 months) suggest you email Hugo Zhang at hugoz_2000@yahoo.com immediately. They are doing the run right now. I would email him on your behalf, but I can't tell from your comments whether you are ready to pull the trigger or not. Anyway, the Chamonix folks run a part time operation, and the window may be open for you right now. But check with Hugo, he'll know.

Thanks for the heads up I would like to wait for some time I am not yet ready for it in maybe 6 months I will be ready. Basically I am waiting for some funds.

Hi I purchased a chamonix 045 F1 camera

If "Brevity be the soul of wit" ,post 29 fills the bill. Well said,Mr Denny.

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gordon Bilson View Post
    If "Brevity be the soul of wit" ,post 29 fills the bill. Well said,Mr Denny.
    through a glass darkly...