Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Ansel Adams Quote?

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Re: Ansel Adams Quote?

I was going to print some B&W this evening but I didn't get finished with the above until 5pm this afternoon. So instead I watched the evening news and rented The Iron Lady for this evening. I'll get to the B&W later this weekend. I have several good negatives to print and a new print dryer that wil speed thing up.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    While you guys jacked yourselves off all afternoon wondering what Ansel Adams said, I made 2 Van Dykes and 2 Kallitypes which are hanging to dry.

Thomas
    Well I actually shot some film, within 500 ft of the car of course.
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain

Come to think about it the ones that I printed this afternoon were shot within 500 feet from the car

Drew Wiley

I'm low on paper and low on money due to all the 8x10 color film I've been stockpiling lately. Need to housepaint at least one day this weekend.
    Supposed to be hot, so I'll head to the coast tomorrow, and as usual, will
    carry the camera as far from the damn road as I can, even if I never shoot the thing. At my age skipping a good weekly knee workout is not a
    smart thing to do. Gotta keep at it. And I'd rather have an 8X10 in the pack instead of a bunch of rocks. But this time of year I generally bag a nice negative or two each week. My gosh, sometimes I wish Springtime
    would last forever; but when it's over, time for the high country! Maybe I'll
    get one of those SUV's like Vittoria Sella used to drive straight up to 23000
    ft on Chogolisa with his 18X22. Amazing the cars they had back then!

Get a 2 wheeler for the big camera and tripod and a bicycle for the 4x5 and smaller. The falls in Yosemite are running nice right now and for the next week or so but B&H got Manfrotto shit in gear and I have my GT0540 tripod back in use. I've been shooting an urban project which was put on hold awaiting my tripod repair and during the interlude I've been thinking about continuing it in IR which I have on hand. I'll take two cameras on the bike: the 645N and 67II Pentax's...nope, can't do that together as the 6x7 camera will require the G1348 tripod which is too big for the bike...no, I can get the G1348 on the bike but I can't "hide" it as I can with the GT0540. Anyway I'm back on the urban project with both IR and B&W.

All the trays that were drying in the kitchen just fell on the floor. Gota go.

Thomas