Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In praise of Divided Pyrocat

Re: In praise of Divided Pyrocat

Photoflow is the secret sauce for this secret sauce

That is a very inspiring image. My question is, "what paper did you use to get that wonderful warm quality?" That is as cool as the developer. Great image.

Quote Originally Posted by trad.dig.experience View Post
    That is a very inspiring image. My question is, "what paper did you use to get that wonderful warm quality?" That is as cool as the developer. Great image.
    I thought of another question. How do you get your floors so damn shiny?

I will try it. The developer - not the floor polish.

very inspiring, thanks. Scott

Works with PMK too, solution A only for 20 mins then add B a little at a time, gives an amazing negative and I find its more reliable than the water bath method.

See http://www.kenleegallery.com/html/tech/bronze.php.

One advantage of the Photoshop Fill Layer method is that we can tone each print individually, and we don't have to purchase or mix inks, or dedicate our printer to a 3rd party inkset. With a calibrated monitor and a good ICC profile, we can have WYSIWYG printing with minimal effort.

A disadvantage is that we get the archival longevity of our paper+ink combination, which varies depending on our choices.

Unlike with plain black and white printing, toned images use more of the inks. I've never seen loss of resolution or banding. On good paper such prints look quite nice.

Another advantage is that you don't need to use a RIP, or something like Epson's Advanced B&W printing feature.

How do you get your floors so damn shiny?
    The lighting exaggerates the look of the polish, but that being said, the really good Polyurethane is no longer legal for home use where I live - for environmental and health reasons - so we use 4 or 5 coats instead of the usual 2.

I joke with my wife that she won't be happy until people can ice-skate on the floor.

remarkable floor. the wife is happy. And it looks cool in pictures. Thanks Ken Lee.
    Scott

Failure. Tried divided pyro again, this time in a Combiplan tank. Seemed to be going smoothly but the negatives came out clear. On two there is the faintest hint of an image, 99.5% clear. One is completely clear. It's Acros and there are no edge markings. I thought at first maybe an exposure issue since it was the Speed Graphic's shutter but no edge markings means I fixed before/during development? But there is that .5% hint of an image on two of the negatives....

Photos from the same set developed well in R09 so I don't think it was an exposure/loading thing. Wonder how I got fixer in there and when. Will have to try again....but with one negative!
    My website Flickr
    "There is little or no ‘reality’ in the blacks, grays and whites of either the informational or expressive black-and-white image" -Ansel Adams

It might be best to shoot a test shot, nothing important, until you work out the knots.

Yes that would be the wise thing to do . I'd like to get this dialed in so I better go the smart route. Trying to tame mid-day sun contrast and this seemed like a great way to do it. The rodinal developed negatives are too harsh I think. I'd like a dense negative for scanning that doesn't blow the highlights! Doesn't help though that I don't have a neutral density filter yet. An orange filter during the day to keep the shutter speed low enough @f2.5 darkens the shadows and increases contrast I suppose, not helping.
    My website Flickr
    "There is little or no ‘reality’ in the blacks, grays and whites of either the informational or expressive black-and-white image" -Ansel Adams