Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Deardorff Has Landed!!! The First New Production V11

Re: Deardorff Has Landed!!! The First New Production V11

My experience with Barry Cochran production. I have received the 5x7 camera limited edition 2011 n°3
    The reception letter to Barry

I have received Wednesday the camera with 5 days of delai and not two days. I remind you that I have paid for an express sending 2 days and you have sent it by economy and then you have saved money. You promised me to refund me via Paypal for the différence but no refund. As usual you do not keep your promise.

To summarize

6 months of delay
    mails without answers

I have ordered 3 lesnsboard, 1 with Copal3 and 2 with copal 1. You hane send me 3 undrilled lensboards. Perhaps do you thinsk that I am a menuisier.

I asked you to declare as value the amount of the last paypal invoice. Customs can ask me for a proof of payment. I have no proof for the value which you declared. Fortunately customs asked me for no proof of payment.

Finaly the camera is arrived Wednesdays with 4 days delay. It is very nice and it is like a true Deardorff. But when open it that is not the same and pratically unusable. The focusing mouvement befor

On the other hand opened time we discover that it is almost impossible to put on her(it). The focusing movement is so hard that it hurt the fingers. The same thing for the back movment.

You will be advise to you inspire from the Ebony cameras and from their mechanical sweetness.

Really you would have try the camera before before to send it.

Thus I have spent a day to dismount the camera and to make your work of adjustment. With some sandpaper, I have rectified the before and back wood frames and adapt them so that hit slides normally with sweetness. Yet the camera is yet good working.

The back back 4x5 is very hard and it is difficult to introduce a filmholder in! The 5x7 back is good. It remains that bellows seems to me made of curious one plastic, Chinese I suppose. They are not vry nice however they are very stiff.

All this makes that your work and that your business connections are very rough, not at all in the tradition of the made in American which was the one of Deardorff.

Will you please refund me the fedex différence price.

That to make undrilled lensboard.

Very happy that this lons story is ended.

And good luck for your business.

Regards

mougin

So, I'm just curious whether others have purchased new Deardorff's in the last few months. If so, what are your experiences regarding quality and delivery time?

There's a whole thread around here somewhere addressing that very question. It was started by mougin and features the letter he wrote to Deardorff above. I have no skin in it either way, but evidently others have had some difficulties with overlong wait times and a paucity of communication from D.-

Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    There's a whole thread around here somewhere addressing that very question. It was started by mougin and features the letter he wrote to Deardorff above. I have no skin in it either way, but evidently others have had some difficulties with overlong wait times and a paucity of communication from D.-
    I read mouglin's thread enumerating the problems and another from someone who was thrilled with his 11x14. That's still a small sample size and so wondered if there was anyone else out there with any experience.

In the desert...

Nice!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your joy.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!