Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Deardorff Has Landed!!! The First New Production V11

Re: Deardorff Has Landed!!! The First New Production V11

Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    I've considered a Ries as well and that thought has been encouraged by a few people. However the Gitzo 320 its on is rated for more weight then the Ries and the Arca Swiss Monoball Z2 head its own is a beast and the most controllable ball head I've ever seen. In the end it'll come down to what is best in use for me.
    Glad to hear the Z2 finally exists. It seems it was on the drawing board for so long, I stopped checking to see if was available yet. I'm using a B2 on a Gitzo GT5540LS legset.

Fragomeni, my remark was tongue-in-cheek. It's what I often hear when I take my V8 out in public.
    Haha, oh sorry! I wish there was a tongue-in-cheek emoticon! I think I got that question at least once every time I've ever taken my V8 out haha.

Glad to hear the Z2 finally exists. It seems it was on the drawing board for so long, I stopped checking to see if was available yet. I'm using a B2 on a Gitzo GT5540LS legset.
    I think my other is the B2 which is a great head. I don't think the Z2 is available anymore. I think it was only available for a short while.

Congratulation! May you have many wonderful experiences and photographs with it!

If I had a dime for every time I was asked if I can still get film for a particular camera, I'd be swimming in Tri-X.

Beautiful camera! Im happy to see the Deardorff name off the roll call of dead makers. Made in Tennessee, I take it, rather than Chicago?
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)

I am so torn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so torn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do tell...

Quote Originally Posted by unixrevolution View Post
    If I had a dime for every time I was asked if I can still get film for a particular camera, I'd be swimming in Tri-X.

Beautiful camera! Im happy to see the Deardorff name off the roll call of dead makers. Made in Tennessee, I take it, rather than Chicago?
    Oddly enough, shooting with a Technika III and a Yashicamat 124, I have NEVER been asked if I COULD still get film or if it was still made. They assume if I'm shooting with it then it is and I can. (I'm tempted to add a "duh" comment.) I am often asked WHERE I get it, and where I get it processed. ("There are camera stores that still carry it but it's most convenient for me to order it online. I do all my own black and white processing. Color I currently mail to a place in Kansas though I may get back into doing that myself too" is my usual inclusive answer.)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Oddly enough, shooting with a Technika III and a Yashicamat 124, I have NEVER been asked if I COULD still get film or if it was still made. They assume if I'm shooting with it then it is and I can. (I'm tempted to add a "duh" comment.) I am often asked WHERE I get it, and where I get it processed. ("There are camera stores that still carry it but it's most convenient for me to order it online. I do all my own black and white processing. Color I currently mail to a place in Kansas though I may get back into doing that myself too" is my usual inclusive answer.)
    You're lucky. I get it with any of my cameras, 8x10, 4x5, Rollei, even the Nikon 35s. I once told a digitographer that a big solar event would blow all the electrons away, leaving only film cameras able to function.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    Do tell...
    Haha I actually decided, and I'm going with the Arca, I love the Dorff, but I want it in 8x10 not 4x5. So Arca seems like the best option, and Dorff in a few years!

Haha I actually decided, and I'm going with the Arca, I love the Dorff, but I want it in 8x10 not 4x5. So Arca seems like the best option, and Dorff in a few years!
    Ian, is that you?