Thread: darkslide clip

darkslide clip

I have a 4x5 polaroid rangefinder monster, and I would LOVE to have a device on the camera that holds the darkslides for me (I only use double darkslides with it). If you don't know what I'm talking about, most later linhof technikas seem to have one; it's a little metal clip that you slide the darkslide into to hold it while you take your photograph. A paperclip would work...but does anyone have any intelligent solutions they can think of that I might be forgetting? Like a paperclip, but much better?

Re: darkslide clip

That's what I love about this place: I have used Linhof Technikas for 2-3 years and often wondered what that clip on the hood was for (neither of mine came with instruction books.) If I had an extra one I would send it to you as a reward for enlightening me.

I usually just hold the darkslide in my hand so that I don't forget to reinsert it before removing the film holder.

Quote Originally Posted by salihonba View Post
    Hey! I admire your work a lot, and your clip is exactly what I'm talking about. Sadly I don't have the kind of parts that you do here's what my back looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6140648697_ee6bab25f8_b.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	72549

So there's no 3rd "brace" to hold the film holder down on the left side of the back...just top and bottom braces. I would imagine the best place to mount a darkslide clip would be on the top brace. I'd love to get some ideas on what parts I could use as a clip, if anyone can think of something.

make one 3rd brace at left side dedicated to hold the dark slide

Quote Originally Posted by Keytarjunkie View Post
    I have a 4x5 polaroid rangefinder monster, and I would LOVE to have a device on the camera that holds the darkslides for me (I only use double darkslides with it). If you don't know what I'm talking about, most later linhof technikas seem to have one; it's a little metal clip that you slide the darkslide into to hold it while you take your photograph. A paperclip would work...but does anyone have any intelligent solutions they can think of that I might be forgetting? Like a paperclip, but much better?
    Pocket or waistband.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

I'd agree with pocket or waistband...that also keeps it handy to use as a sunshade!