Hello all,

I've become fascinated with large format photography after visiting the Eastman house a few weeks ago. I recently moved over to digital after selling my Nikon F3's and FM kit in the late 90's. Since then I've owned a D1, D2X, D300 and a D3s. But about 2 years ago my girlfriend gave me a Nikon F4s for Christmas, I shot a few rolls the next day and since then picked up another F4s, an F5, Mamiya 645 kit and a RZ67 with 4 lenses. Not to mention a few odd-ball Polaroids and 120 Brownie folders. Honestly I haven't touched my digital cameras in about year. I won't go into details about why I love film so much, because I think we all know why.

I've been thinking about picking up a 4x5 to dabble in some landscape work, and also some portraits and nudes. I honestly know nothing about LF other than the difference between a monorail and folder. Hopefully I will get a deal on a used 4x5 kit and start shooting, and learn as I go. I don't want to spend a fortune, actually under $500 is my plan. I just picked up a 4x5 enlarger so I need a camera to go with it anyway.