Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinar P???

Re: Sinar P???

Since no one has chimed in on the Cambo Master, I guess I will. I'm not an expert (shooting large format for only a little over two years) but I have had the opportunity to play with a Cambo Master. It's a very fine monorail and you really can't go wrong with it. One of the things that I really liked about it is that it breaks down and fits into it's own very small case.

The problem with the Master is that it sells for around the same price as a Sinar P. The Sinar has the Sinar shutter available plus the ability to mix Sinar F series parts with it. The Sinar P to me also felt sturdier than the "L" bracketed Master. I felt that the Sinar P was the better deal which of course is what I bought.

Re: Sinar P???

The Cambo Master is an L-shaped monorail, and is probably a really nice, heavy duty camera.

However, if you're not going to get a Sinar, and you want an L-shaped monorail, I'd get the Horseman (I have an LS model, with center AND base tilts, which would be almost identical to a Master PC).

The reason to get the Horseman L-shaped monorail over the Cambo Master/Master PC is because the Horseman uses Sinar lensboards and bellows!

This is a huge advantage, because there are tons of Sinar bellows/bag bellows/extra wide angle bellows (WA bellows 2)/lensboards/Auto Aperture Copal shutter/Sinar Binocular viewer, etc, that can be bought and used on the Horseman.

When I had my Sinar P, I didn't have to switch lens boards, and I used the same bellows between the two cameras. I could also use my Horseman graflock back and GG on the Sinar. Everything worked perfectly.

I'd forget the Cambo and go for a Sinar X if I were you (P2 if you're lucky and can find a good deal). Even though I sold my P, I still kind of want a like-new X.