Thread: Durst 184L Color Enlarger Schematic Question

Durst 184L Color Enlarger Schematic Question

A Durst Color L184 enlarger happily made its way to my house / darkroom last week and in setting it up I noticed that somehow I am missing the bolt that connects the wheel under the baseboard that turns the chain that raises and lowers the baseboard. I reached under the baseboard and gave the wheel a number of turns in either direction to lower the baseboard and it was clear it was spinning free and not connect to the shaft that drives the chain. I got a flashlight to look closer and I noticed that there is a small bolt that is missing that connects the wheel to the rotating shaft that lowers or lifts the baseboard arm.

I was wondering if someone has a schematic that they can take a look and let me know the specifications of this connecting bolt is so I can secure a replacement for it.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Michael Kadillak; 25-Oct-2019 at 09:35. Reason: typo

Re: Durst 184L Color Enlarger Schematic Question

I just got a Durst Color L184 too! My baseboard turns But in all seriousness, I'll look at the bolt on mine. I'm sure you can find it on McMaster Carr. Should be easy to fix.

FYI I was told DO NOT attempt to disassemble the spring and cable mechanism at the top - it is extremely dangerous.

Do you have a manual focus? I don't have any manual focus knob! Mine has a motorized focus, so I hope the electrics work!

I just took a look, my wheel-crank attaches to the shaft via a phillips screw, but it looks like there is a pin through the shaft that engages some part of the top of the wheel crank. Can you post pics of yours? Maybe you are missing the pin, and not a bolt.

Here are my pics of an operational crank:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8184.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	197274

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8185.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	197275

Thanks for the response. Yes, I was able to ascertain that it is a through bolt and found that a 10-32 bolt 1 1/4' with a lock thread bolt on the other end worked fine. I was able to get the gear to engage and lower / raise the baseboard. Thanks a bunch! I will have more questions as I get my like new Durst CLS1840 enlarger up and running.