Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pentax digital spot meter calibration

Re: pentax digital spot meter calibration

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    . . . Brian Ellis - I shoot Velvia slides... 1 stop under is pretty horrendous.. . . .
    Which is why I limited my comment to negative films.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Preston Birdwell

I found that my Pentax digital is 1/3 stop on the overexposure side: High values on Velvia 100 and Astia 100F were a tad off. All I did was set the ISO dial on the meter to 125--fixed, and I no longer have to think about compensating for the error.

One full stop underexposed is a pretty large error, especially for transparency films. You could compensate by adjusting the ISO dial, but having the meter calibrated would be the best solution.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

John Olsen

I've got two Pentax spot meters, a digital and an analogue. They agree exactly and have for years. It's amazing! Before going out I meter at a spot on the wall that always reads 7 2/3rds eV. It's never varied. If you don't get that kind of consistency, throw yours out and order a new one. They're cheap compared to your other investments and travel costs. If only the rest of life could be so reliable.