Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rule...

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

New Rule...

New Rule: No fair posting images with the caveat, "This is only a test image".

Or am I being too grumpy?
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Re: New Rule...

Second new rule:

No posting new rules with the question, "Am I being too grumpy?"

Prohibited from this moment on:

Quoting the image beneath the image, beneath the image, beneath the image, beneath the image…

Stern reprimand for first infraction, mandatory dismissal for second.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post

Quoting the image beneath the image, beneath the image, beneath the image, beneath the image…

No complimenting, in intriguing detail, an image that may be 174 pages back in the thread, without any clue as to which image is being complimented.

Rick "at least provide a freaking link" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post

I agree whole-heartedly!

Mark,
    I don't mind people labeling an image as "test" or "not final" or "in progress," etc., especially when they are looking for help for a problem printing, etc. And, let's face it, some images are tests.

Vaughn,
    I think it's okay to ask the community here if one is being too grumpy (or picky or hard, etc.). Do you think I'm being too lenient?

Best,

Doremus

Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    Vaughn,
    I think it's okay to ask the community here if one is being too grumpy (or picky or hard, etc.). Do you think I'm being too lenient?

Vaughn

PS...I'm with Heroique! Eight to ten copies of the same image, one right after the other is a bit much...dismissal is too good for them! Or am I being intolerant?

(Shrek)

I generally do quote the original post with the image, for several reasons:

1) I often don't know which image someone else is talking about when they comment, and have to scroll back trying to figure that out; I sometimes don't bother so I miss the critiques.

2) I often comment on one image among several posted by a given individual; it's easier to repost that image than to spell out which one I'm talking about ("3rd image in post #...")

3) If you're going to have a substantive comment on, or critique of an image, the only way you can really appreciate what that person is talking about is if you have the comment and image both within your immediate view or attention span.

However. if someone else is already commenting on an image, I see no need to repost that same image again because all of the above conditions will not apply. I didn't know the reposting was annoying people, but I think with this group of people it would be hard to find anything in the world that isn't annoying to one member or another. Love your Dallmeyer 5B? There are people here who are annoyed by the whole 'vintage lens' thing, and even more annoyed by 'soft focus'. Tack-sharp landscape with a modern lens? I'm annoyed that all our landscapes look the same. Out of focus, 'soft' landscape with same modern lens? Someone will be annoyed with your bad technique. Never post any images? People will be annoyed that you criticize others without ever posting your own work. Can't win with a bunch of grumpy old men, so you might as well embrace your inner imp.

Actually, Jody, we're just pissed that it is not our image being reposted ad nasuem...

like this:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...scapes/page584

Agreed, reposting images in quotes is loathsome, except when they're mine. But I always thought this was done out of ignorance by the re–poster, not being able to figure out how to edit a quote, or am I being too ignorant.

NEW RULE: NO POSTING OF ANY IMAGE!!! (The theatre of the mind being greater then any pedestrian image, much better to post only the textual blatherings of the hyper-critical, gear obsessed, web enabled illiterati.)

Caveat: This is only a TEST POST.

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Actually, Jody, we're just pissed that it is not our image being reposted ad nasuem...

like this:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...scapes/page584
    Huh. Well, personally I am completely above all of that. I take photos for my own pleasure only, and I don't give a crap if anyone likes them, ever. That's why I post them here, where no one will ever see them.