Thread: Firmware Update Problems on Howtek 4500

Firmware Update Problems on Howtek 4500

Hi,

Happy Easter weekend to all.

I’m currently having a frustrating time trying to update the Firmware on my Howtek 4500 to the latest version, i.e. R813. This is apparently required so that the DPL software that I’ve just received will operate correctly – currently my Firmware is R811. I’ve followed the Aztek instructions, downloaded the latest Firmware/installation software and run the required flash.bat file, but this has no effect on the scanner and the Firmware isn’t updated . I’ve tried “flashing” under a range of conditions with DPL running, Silverfast running, and no software running, but still no joy .

The DPL software communicates with the scanner and allows scanning with my current R811 Firmware, but many of the functions do not operate correctly. If anyone can offer any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong, I’d be eternally grateful.

Kindest regards,

Rod.

Re: Firmware Update Problems on Howtek 4500

Did you call whatshisbutt . . . Evan at Aztek?

Re: Firmware Update Problems on Howtek 4500

Hi,

Thanks, but I haven't yet had a chance to call them. I only received the DPL software last Thursday and they've been closed since. However, problem has now been sorted.

Kindest regards,

Rod.