Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: If I had 3 weeks in the States in October ...

Re: If I had 3 weeks in the States in October ...

Well hi again all and thanks yet again for all the suggestions. I am just checking in here from Bryce. We have been having a blast! Yosemite was fantastic but not a cloud in the sky for the 3 days we had. Hiked like mad and shot some frames anyway. Came away really wanting to visit in May.
    Zion was fantastic. We all hiked the narrows and several other trails. 4x5 on my back. What a fantastic landscape!
    Very cloudy in Bryce so light is very flat but we have all hiked the hell out of it. And I got a bit golden light this afternoon. As well as a crowd around the view camera.
    Off to Moab tomorrow. Via the smaller back roads!
    Having a great trip. Hopefully some good images along with great experiences.

Glad you're enjoying the trip. I think you'll like Moab. It's a unique little town with some pretty surroundings.

jadphoto

In Moab, don't miss Canyonlands...and having a pint at the Moab Brewery!

JD

I am in Salt lake city, i have until 24fth october to make a trip. I have an RV for this trip, i must do à loop because i must leave the RV at SLC before going back to France. I have no idea which way to start from SLC. i will appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by ALEFO View Post
    I am in Salt lake city, i have until 24fth october to make a trip. I have an RV for this trip, i must do à loop because i must leave the RV at SLC before going back to France. I have no idea which way to start from SLC. i will appreciate your help.
    You are in for an adventure and a brave soul!

Ok.

From SLC
    Arches national park, Moab, UT
    Telluride, CO
    Mesa Verde national park, Cortez, CO
    Monument Valley, UT
    Antelope Canyon, Page, AZ
    South Rim of the Grand Canyon
    Grand Canyon caverns
    Las Vegas, NV
    Furnace Creek, Scotty's Castle, Death Valley
    Zion national park
    SLC
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain

Les

Mark gave some great suggestions. If you have time, ALEFO, there is Kodachrome Basin, Capital Reef Natl PK, Bryce Natl PK and Valley Of Fire, which is appx 50 mi No of Vegas. The whole SW area is intensely beautiful. Oh, one of my fave's is Cedar Breaks Natl Mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Vogt View Post
    Mark gave some great suggestions. If you have time, ALEFO, there is Kodachrome Basin, Capital Reef Natl PK, Bryce Natl PK and Valley Of Fire, which is appx 50 mi No of Vegas. The whole SW area is intensely beautiful. Oh, one of my fave's is Cedar Breaks Natl Mon.
    Heck just trade the south rim and caverns for the north rim and all of these.
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain

Thank you Mark and Leszek for your advises. I will start the loop you propose me probaly tomorrow.I am now at Antelope Islande where i spent the night before on the lake in my kayak because i lost myself at night before.i lost many power i probaly kayaking 10 hours.The wind and à litle current did not help.So sorry for y the delay of myself response.

Have fun

Hi all. Well I arrived back home in Australia yesterday and I just wanted to post a note of thanks to everyone that offered comments and advise on the trip. Every piece of input was valuable and I could not have seen so much without the help of you all. It was a fantastic trip - we all enjoyed ourselves very much indeed. We have seen some incredible landscapes, done some fabulous hikes, met some awesome people, eaten some great food and sampled some fabulous beers. It was a blast.
    My film arrives via FedEx today (I just didn't trust Las Vegas and LAX security to not make me open the boxes) and the Jobo is already warming up. I'm very excited to see what I have managed to capture. All up I shot around 180 frames in 3 weeks. So there is a lot of processing to get through. Hopefully I can share some here soon.
    I might see if I can put together a bit of a report on the itinerary and route we took if people think it would be useful resource to those who want to tackle the Grand Circle in the future. I would certainly do one or two things differently - nothing major though.
    Anyway. Thanks gain everyone. Much appreciated.