Thread: 120 roll film back

120 roll film back

I have an opportunity to buy a 3 1/4x 4 1/4 with a graflok back and I'm wondering if a 2 1/4x 3 1/4 roll film back be used in a 3 1/4x4 1/4 graflok back? Does anyone know how a conversion can be done?

Brian

Re: 120 roll film back

I haven't seen any graphic backs, that doesn't mean they didn't make them. I Do have a Graflex back for a 3x4 graflex SLR. Post as WTB on the for sale section.
    Michael Cienfuegos

They exist. I have one (in the box, no less) but I'm keeping it to go with my Anny with graflok back. To the OPs question, it would be very tricky to adapt a 2x3 back to fit a 3x4.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    They exist. I have one (in the box, no less) but I'm keeping it to go with my Anny with graflok back. To the OPs question, it would be very tricky to adapt a 2x3 back to fit a 3x4.

Dan
    Yes they do, I sold one on a 3x4 Graflex. There was a 2 1/4x3 1/4 filmpack adaptor as well, I have one (with a filmpack).
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

There's another option, unfortunately very scarce. The dread Adapt-A-Roll 620 (look around the FAQs on www.graflex.org, there's more there than the links that Marc posted point to, for an account of the AAR 620. BTW, I wrote it) came in sizes for 2x3, 3x4, 4x5. An AAR slips in like a sheet film holder so can be used with a spring back. I use AARs with my 2x3 Graphics, all of which have Graflok backs. 3x4 AARs exist, I've had one.