I have some random questions that probably are not deserving of a full post. If you had answers, please share them

1) I'm working on a poor man's jobo expert tank. I've only seen pictures, pretty much. Does the tank fill totally with chemicals (i.e. no air space anywhere in the tank) or does it only stay in the tubes and top of the tank? I'm guessing the latter (i.e. the areas other than the tubes are sealed and filled with air).

2) RE: BTZS...I'm considering going full in on this as far as getting set up with an enlarger and step wedge to do my own testing. I'm wondering re: roll film, will this help understanding how to "push" film in a controlled way? I.e. if I'm shooting roll film it looks as though using one the curves from one of the longer development times will give me a much better idea of what's going to be on the film than shooting at 1600 and hoping for the best/using the ultimate development chart. I'm not wording this very well, but I'm thinking that if I plotted out the curves for, say, TMY-2 for 1600, I might have a lot more control shooting roll film in low light.

3) For my poor man's jobo thing, when I'm initially putting in the developer, with my current design, it's going to be hard to fill the tank evenly at the begining. There will probably be about 10 seconds where there is some splashing. In general, will a 3 minute presoak generally eliminate problems with splashing?

4) In another version of my poor man's jobo (that's still in my head), I eliminate the filling problem, but I'm unable to invert the tank (this version relies on intermittent agitation). Are there any agitation methods that work that don't involve inversion? Something like a gentle paint spinner?

Sorry they are not the best worded questions but they are the best way I can explain my half thought-out-thoughts. If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks
Paul