Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can this be true ? Jobo rises again ?

Re: Can this be true ? Jobo rises again ?

Fred

looking at the unit ,the handle really looks like a weak link.. An Expert drum full of chemistry is fairly heavy.

I would be interested in hearing what Greg Blank has to say about this.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    Hey Bob,

I have a later serial number CPP and it turns Expert drums fine. I do however assist the lift manually and don't rely on the lift handle (which imo, is a very weak linkage) alone. There was someone on a forum, maybe here, who made a handle that fit under the drums to help in the lift, think he may have sold them on Ebay as well. I suppose someone who had the wherewithall could probably make a beefed up lift mechanism but slipping a hand under the lift bed is not a big deal to do.

Fred

I wonder how bloated the price will be?

I think I'll keep my beater CPP-2.

Nice to hear that a new CPP-2/3 is in the works! I use a late model CPP-2 with 3005 and 3010 drums. The lift arm is really a weak point with the 3000 drums. I always lift the drum with right hand as I raise the lift with my left hand.

Anyone have a brochure or spec page they can post here?

Thanks
    Scott Squires

www.scottsquires.com

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Fred

looking at the unit ,the handle really looks like a weak link.. An Expert drum full of chemistry is fairly heavy.
    One way to do it: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...l=1#post587727

We're extremely flattered by all the amazing interest in the new processor. We can confirm that following a production meeting at the factory in Germany last week that the project to buid a new film and print processor is very much on the cards. We are measuring interest and the final decision to go ahead with the project will be made at the end of the month. Anyone interested can register at info@firstcall-photographic.co.uk

Whilst replying to this forum other members have asked us about Expert sheet film drums from Jobo. These are very much still available and we include a picture of Rita who puts them all together at the factory.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rita Jobo Expert Making 1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	71430

Rodney Bates

Firstcall Photographic Ltd

Interest is here in my shop.... now how about the flimsy arm design???
    Also New Tanks, New Reels, for all sizes , what will be the situation from this standpoint?

I am very optimistic , but I have to ask , where where you five years ago??.. I had to rig and purchase used 5 alts to keep my processes alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdneybates1 View Post
    We're extremely flattered by all the amazing interest in the new processor. We can confirm that following a production meeting at the factory in Germany last week that the project to buid a new film and print processor is very much on the cards. We are measuring interest and the final decision to go ahead with the project will be made at the end of the month. Anyone interested can register at info@firstcall-photographic.co.uk

Whilst replying to this forum other members have asked us about Expert sheet film drums from Jobo. These are very much still available and we include a picture of Rita who puts them all together at the factory.

Rodney Bates

While I am happy to hear that production will be restarted, I too am concerned about the lift mechanism. It is fine with small tanks but while using the Expert drums I fear for its life.

A stronger lift should not be difficult to accomplish - perhaps automated as well so as to take that lifting up/down function away from less than careful users.

...and thank you for responding in this forum; I for one, really appreciate it.

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

We love you Rita!

Quote Originally Posted by rdneybates1 View Post

Rodney Bates

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

There's no problem lifting the 3010 expert drum by the handle alone on my CPA-2 - I just don't crank it back but lift gently. The problem comes when lifting the 3063 drum: it's necessary to "assist" the crank with the other hand helping to lift the drum.

Thomas

My observations are that used expert drums sell for prices higher than what used to be new retail in the U.S.

If they are still being made, why is this the case? Is it a lack of an importer? Is there a source in Europe which will ship to the U.S. for a reasonable sum?

None of the major stores in the U.S. carry the expert drums, list them on their website as current models, or provide prices. A few stores have 1500 and 2500-series film tanks, but none have the expert tanks, or even list them for special order. I've looked at the list of U.S. distributors on the Jobo web page for the biggest states and the states around where I live. Big names were on that list...Calumet, Samy's, Glazer's...few list any Jobo darkroom supplies and none list the expert tanks. Most of the stores on that list are there because of picture frames.

You can't sell what you don't offer for sale. I would suggest recruiting a couple of suppliers in the U.S. and feeding them a favorable arrangement for selling small quantities at reasonable prices, and then support them with advertising.

Rick "only frustrated by picture of a woman making something that can't be bought new in the world's largest market" Denney