Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Can this be true ? Jobo rises again ?

Re: Can this be true ? Jobo rises again ?

My guy is indeed , factory trained at Ciba, Hope processors and Jobo systems.

He is quirky and not able to travel but can do work on Jobos.. May be worth it but once you start needing parts all bets are off.

pramm

Thanks Bob. What I will miss when the ATL dies is the start it and forget it convenience. Sigh.

Bob;

The lift arms require periodic maintainence, the gears and arm's internal "plastic elbow" has to be lubricated. Typically once that is completed, a said tech would reset the service hours for the arm. The brass gears both on the lift and the lift motor require periodic inspection, the brass gears wear and then produce issues with raising and lowering. The lifts are rather simple but not real easy to fix once damaged. For the most I can get the parts for the processors. Personally I was agast when Jobo USA sold thier distribution rights to Omega Brandess (I am sure Jobo Germany felt the same way) at the time I did not work at OB. I needed a PT job in 2006 so I applied when I saw OB was looking for someone. At the time I did not know it was to be a support tech for Jobo. I basically had to jump in and learn electronics repairs for a product line that had 30+ years of history - I did have help from a lot of people outside the company since OB had a fairly large stock of parts at the time I was able to learn, refurbish units and sort of experiment with what did work. Only towards the last two years did I not have any help related to my repairs at OB, I left OB in January 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Greg

Quick question... re lift arm on the alt 3 and 2300 - we found that we got approx 36000 lifts and then whamo it failed... replacing one is costly and not an easy task.. Do you concur that the arms basically broke down after this amounts of lifts???
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

This thread has made me think about the future of film processing from my perspective.

I personally can get away with stainless in small deep tank in all sizes that I use.

For some of my clients the Jobo has been their processor of choice.

Where can I get a list of current pricing on reels , tanks, all gear related to Jobo system??
    I need to stare looking at my inventory , finish that project of building my own system, and replacing worn out or well used jobo tank system parts.

I mentioned this earlier in this thread - all issues aside - i get my stuff from this place:
    http://processorparts.blogspot.com/

they seem to have everything...

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    I mentioned this earlier in this thread - all issues aside - i get my stuff from this place:
    http://processorparts.blogspot.com/

they seem to have everything...