Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New FS rule seems to claim its first victim

Re: New FS rule seems to claim its first victim

I like the idea about removing the for sale forum..the space could be filled with talk about large format photography instead of posts which seem to be made by people quitting it...

Quote Originally Posted by evan clarke View Post
    I like the idea about removing the for sale forum..the space could be filled with talk about large format photography instead of posts which seem to be made by people quitting it...
    Good point! :-)

Do you swear the tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...? Whatever happened to simply telling the truth and being allowed to do so?

Of course it's best to settle things one-to-one but when that fails and the transgressor has either done a great wrong or many small ones then I darned-well want to know about it. And, if I've erred then I'll darned-well correct it. If I fail to correct my mistake then I "expect" to be called out.

I completely agree that, if we've reached a point that we need to make a grievance public, then we should do so with reason and politeness.

However, there seems to be... on every single forum... the intent to protect the seller more so than the buyer. Why is that? Is there backroom information we little guys are not privy to? Or is it simply a common practice which should be reconsidered?

Am I being terrible by asking if moderators can moderate under one name and sell under another? I'm not accusing... but it "looks bad".

Petty bitching is one thing and should be moderated. But telling the truth?

BTW, if anyone wants to see how bad pandering can "really" get... just mosey on over to some of the sites that take money from "vendors". Talk about pandering and taking sides... wow. Thank God this site is still clean of that mess.

NO, I don't think the mods are selling covertly. I FAILED to make my point and, other than deleting my entire post, I don't know how to clarify. I'm just saying that it can and does often "look bad". That's really nothing more than politics.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 1-Apr-2012 at 14:22.

Am I being terrible by asking if moderators can moderate under one name and sell under another? I'm not accusing... but it "looks bad".
    Yeah you have the wrong forum. The mods here absolutely do not do that. I may not always agree with everything they do but they are unimpeachable on matters like that.

^^^^^^ Yeah, what Frank said.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Frank/Leigh... repeating what I already wrote... I just stated that it "looks bad". I also stated that it happens on "every single forum". I respect and appreciate the mods here too... but I'll not pander to them any more than I would either of you or anyone else if I have something to say.

Wait, let me get this straight. You guys are saying the moderators sell under different names than they post under? Why would they even want to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by John NYC View Post
    Wait, let me get this straight. You guys are saying the moderators sell under different names than they post under? Why would they even want to do that?
    ONF is the only one who has made that unfounded allegation, based on what happens "on every single forum".

Since I'm sure he's a frequent participant on every single internet forum, I must respect his opinion... not.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Oh, for Pete's sake. NO, I don't think they are. It was HYPOTHETICAL... a FAILED attempt at trying to make a point.

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

Pssst...hey you, you wanna buy a watch...how about a dirty picture?

through a glass darkly...