Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: New FS rule seems to claim its first victim

Small town, South Carolina, US

Re: New FS rule seems to claim its first victim

Back in the old Shutterbug Classified days I sometimes asked for references before purchasing an item from a seller I wasn't familiar with. Maybe a phone call to the seller can help if the description doesn't seem clear enough.

For what it is worth, I have had far less problems (none) here than on E-bay when it comes to accurate descriptions.

^^^ With no repercussions that could, no WILL, change here...

Quote Originally Posted by rfesk View Post
    Back in the old Shutterbug Classified days I sometimes asked for references before purchasing an item from a seller I wasn't familiar with. Maybe a phone call to the seller can help if the description doesn't seem clear enough.

For what it is worth, I have had far less problems (none) here than on E-bay when it comes to accurate descriptions.
    With a phone number and a confirmed address i would buy from anybody thru paypal. Because i know i could go to small claims court if i had to, but hey paypal handles all that .... Paypal is a good arbiter ( define; arbiter - someone chosen to judge and decide a disputed issue ) they usually come down on the side of the buyer... but it makes the sellers more careful ... Like em or hate them... paypal is best there is for now for buying over the internet..... They have feedback stats you can look up on any seller.

This whole issue could be solved with adherence to a couple of rules when listing.... does not even have to be watched by the moderators.. other than 1. use paypal 2. type of paypal payment desired 3. shipping info 4. photos and description. Paypal under some circumstances takes the risk... which the sellers know by heart.... I personally lost a 1500 laptop a few years ago for not following the rules of a paypal sale.... sooo am very careful...

The only comments allowed are "nice camera" or "wish i could buy" or clarification on the description.

Regards Michael Green - Photobymike

PayPal is not an arbiter. They arbitrate in their own best interest which often does not coincide with the average client. They make it easy on themselves... screwing over the least likely client to raise legal issues. Profits... losses... fewer headaches...

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    PayPal is not an arbiter. They arbitrate in their own best interest which often does not coincide with the average client. They make it easy on themselves... screwing over the least likely client to raise legal issues. Profits... losses... fewer headaches...

That has not been my experience. I have won several problems on ebay... i would say compromise is there specialty and is my experience in dealing with them.... If you follow the rules that they publish they will pay... that has been my experience also. I am not saying they are not the end all way of dealing with internet sales but if there is a better way let me know please... In reality the worst place to buy something is on the internet... really ... It would be better to buy your camera stuff at a store where you can "touch and feel" .. I am so familiar with some cameras i can feel or hear problems..... oh by the way did you know in may that Ebay and paypal are going to force sellers to give a minimum 14 day warrantee with 30 and 60 day options. I bet they are tired of the junk cameras being pushed on ebay. So no ASIS purchases in the camera section anymore.

^^^ That was the case BEFORE eBay bought PayPal. Not anymore... at least not in my last experiences with them. Once I'm lost as a client... ALWAYS lost as a client. If they REALLY ARE protecting sellers AND buyers then I MIGHT reconsider...

Like I've mentioned before, the only two times I've been screwed by Paypal was as a BUYER. They simply DO NOT always side with the seller - that's a fact!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome