Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: View Camera Magazine Experiences?

Re: View Camera Magazine Experiences?

That was a worthy magazine!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    What is in VC that you can't find online for free?
    My point exactly. Although I enjoyed it for a while, I didn't exactly enjoy getting trolled by Steve. Thus I dropped my subscription.

Who is it that makes money from the VC online subscription scam? I personally tried twice, am short $50 in the attempts and no magazine. My experience is apparently the norm. Don't tell me about telephone subscribing - who is running the online scam?
    -Chris

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I could guess... but so can you.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by EOTS View Post
    Cool!

In the meantime, I received a mail with the access information!
    So everything is fine now!

I was told that they just had a computer down.

Thank you all again for your support,
    Martin
    glad to hear you got it sorted out ... its a pretty good magazine ...

Quote Originally Posted by SamReeves View Post
    My point exactly. Although I enjoyed it for a while, I didn't exactly enjoy getting trolled by Steve. Thus I dropped my subscription.
    i was the same way ... a subscriber for 2 or 3 years ( maybe more ? ) but i couldn't deal with the online bickering, name calling and "not-nice-ness" ...

at least he actually publishes a magazine, other magazines that have popped up, took subscriptions, and only published 3? magazines leaving everyone
    to this day wondering what happened ...

Reply from Steve Simmons (who doesn't post on this forum anymore):

Who is it that makes money from the VC online subscription scam? I personally tried twice, am short $50 in the attempts and no magazine. My experience is apparently the norm. Don't tell me about telephone subscribing - who is running the online scam?
    -Chris
    If this person will contact us at
    amiles@viewcamera.com and provide his name and address and provide proof of payment we will work this out.

We have a 25 year record of servicing thousands of subscribers all over the world. In the 25 years of publication we have never missed an issue. If a subscriber fails to get a copy we will happily send them another one. We get 50+ e-mails a day that we try and answer. Many of them are technical questions that take several minutes to answer. Occasionally we miss an e-mail but I always go back over all e-mails at the end of each week to see if I missed any.

If you are a subscriber and have failed to get an issue please contact us and we will take care of the problem.

With regards to passwords for the Online and Subscriber sections each section has a password good for the entire calendar year. We began this practice two to three years ago.

Steve Simmons
    Publisher, View Camera magazine
    www.viewcamera.com

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    other magazines that have popped up, took subscriptions, and only published 3? magazines leaving everyone
    to this day wondering what happened ...
    That's right. Focus Magazine sent me only 1 copy before "converting" my subscription to electronic without approval, yet when they released a printed "special issue", they wouldn't send it without further payment.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by QT Luong View Post
    That's right. Focus Magazine sent me only 1 copy before "converting" my subscription to electronic without approval, yet when they released a printed "special issue", they wouldn't send it without further payment.
    exactly, emulsion magazine was the same ... a few issues, and then it vanished along with its publisher.
    while its publisher sometimes rub people the wrong way,
    at least vc is still being made and mailed out, and is an active source of enjoyment for the people who read it ...

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by
    -Chris
    If this person will contact us at
    [email
    amiles@viewcamera.com[/email] and provide his name and address and provide proof of payment we will work this out.

We have a 25 year record of servicing thousands of subscribers all over the world. In the 25 years of publication we have never missed an issue. If a subscriber fails to get a copy we will happily send them another one. We get 50+ e-mails a day that we try and answer. Many of them are technical questions that take several minutes to answer. Occasionally we miss an e-mail but I always go back over all e-mails at the end of each week to see if I missed any.

If you are a subscriber and have failed to get an issue please contact us and we will take care of the problem.

With regards to passwords for the Online and Subscriber sections each section has a password good for the entire calendar year. We began this practice two to three years ago.

Steve Simmons
    Publisher, View Camera magazine
    www.viewcamera.com/QUOTE]
    Hah! OK, I'll send my name and email address. Proof?? It was two years ago or more - I filed the whole incident in the "fool me once ... fool me twice" mental basket. I have no agenda against Mr. Simmons - his book was a great help in getting me started in large format - highly recommended. But two years ago the View Camera subscription website was a place where my credit card payment went to die - don't know who was at fault but it soured me on the magazine.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by QT Luong View Post
    Yup. I canned mine for that reason, plus they got really boring.