Here’s a poll to determine our preferred way to orient the film holder when loading film.
The photos below illustrate, in order, the poll’s first four choices:
Option 1: Vertical w/ flaps bottom
Option 2: Horizontal w/ flaps left
Option 3: Vertical w/ flaps top
Option 4: Horizontal w/ flaps right
If you have time to add comments, we want to know why your preference is best for you.
And please, tell us more about your film-loading habits:
• What preparations do you make before the lights go off?
• When you load film, do you sit or stand, and where do you put your holders/film?
• How far out do you pull the dark slide – and why?
• How do you confirm the film is properly loaded?
• What are your most common glitches?
• Any secrets about reducing or managing dust?
• What’s your final step before the lights go back on?
Your remarks will likely improve the way the rest of us load film – beginners and veterans alike.