Quote Originally Posted by mark osterman View Post
I was recently asked to inspect an mothballed photo finishing business. The owner died last year and the person handling the estate wants to know what to do with about 15 enlargers in excellent condition; one Leitz 4x5 enlager, but all the others are high end 4x5s with color heads.

There are also several old wood 8x10 and larger studio cameras on stands, lots processing equipment for black and white and chromogenic materials. There copy stands, drum dryers, graphic arts cameras, large trays, mic photo collectibles. It all has to go.

Is there anyone on this list within driving distance of Rochester, NY who might be interested in removing this stuff for end use or resale? I just hate to toss those enlargers...

Mark Osterman mosterman@geh.org
There is real value in this equipment but one must be prepared to market, list and sell the pieces which will happen only over an extended period. I've sold several estates of photogs, living and deceased. Unfortunately, most of the stuff that we payed good money for years ago usually only draws about 10-30% of it's original value. The Leitz enlarger maybe worth some real money. The drum dryers in all likely hood will go for scrap. The graphic arts cameras maybe some camera hackers treasure but maybe not.

Don Bryant