Thread: Besseler 45MXT - Where can I find Bellows?

Question Besseler 45MXT - Where can I find Bellows?

I bought an excellent 4x5 enlarger several months ago at the University of MD for $10. It had its original bellows. The bellows in excellent shape or I should say as good as new were detaching from the frame. I boaugh glue from Home Depot and reglued them. However, I made a mistake by cranking the fall and raise knobs to make sure the bellow were properly glued - I guess I over did it and the glue spilled around the frame. I have two options, painstakingly remove the dried up glue or completely replace the bellows. I really do not need the enlarger as I have a Devere 45 that I love. However, I have Zone VI cold light condenser that I would love to explore.

Anyone out there can direct me where I can have the bellow made for the enlarger? New Besseler bellow are 300 times more than the cost of the enlarger!

Thanks,

Tautatis,

Re: Besseler 45MXT - Where can I find Bellows?

search 4x5 bellows on ebay. there's a guy overseas making them for cameras but I'm sure you could give him the specs you need.

Turner Bellows in Rochester, NY can make you a new set. They made some new bellows for my 5x7 Speed Graphic a few years ago. Google their web page.

I have found that it is cheaper to get another enlarger, than to purchase just the bellows

I ended up purchasing two M series enlarger for $40 each, off of craigslist's listings. Each one came with some extra goodies, such as digital timers, a neg holder, darkroom books, and one enlarger came with a Rodenstock lens. This was less expensive than purchasing just a set of used bellows from the bay and photo forums. Check your local craigslist for enlargers. YMMV.

Good hunting,

Jose