http://www.largeformatphotography.in...le-Discussions

I think this is a mistake. Is this no longer a community? Doesn't it mean something to be in a community? Is commerce so sacred here that we dare not say anything on a for sale thread lest our post get deleted for being "negative"?

To my mind commerce is not the central, near holy objective of this board. It should not receive such special protection.

Imagine the strange social structure this requires. A few people are walking through the market. They share a common interest in photography--in fact that is what brings them together. One sees an item that interests him. He's new at photography and doesn't realize that $500 is too much for a Calumet C400. But no one says a word lest they "interfere with the sale." Is "the sale" that sacred?

I welcome comments on my for sale threads. i want all of my buyers to know they are getting what they need, and getting a fair deal. No "buyer beware" on my threads. If someone makes an unfair comment about one of my items I will--gasp!--counter their argument with evidence to support my side. Or realize I made a mistake. That's how adults play. Except on all those other sites that suck.

--Darin