Thread: Hello from Finland!

Hello from Finland!

Hi all, a new user here!

I built myself a monorail based on Jon Grepstad's plans back in 2008. But I have not shot a frame in two years and now that I'm getting back shooting 4/5 I decided to register here as this forum seem to have tons of valuable information and knowledgeable people!

Br,
    Henri

Re: Hello from Finland!

That's a nice looking camera! I hope you have as much fun shooting it as you did building it. Welcome to the Forum, Henri.

Alan

Re: Hello from Finland!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    That's a nice looking camera! I hope you have as much fun shooting it as you did building it. Welcome to the Forum, Henri.

Alan
    Thanks Alan!

The camera does what I was missing with my other gear, namely movements. I have a few tilt/shift lenses for 35mm and I have used one for 6x6. But I wanted total control... Other than that the camera is pretty simple and obviously somewhat limited. I have since acquired a Toyo View 4x5 with a reflex viewer. The mirror, while someone may consider it cheating, makes a great difference to me. Makes the thing usable Anyhow I'm going to shoot with both of them this weekend!

Also an update to what it says on Jon Grepstad's site, I do have a metal lathe nowadays and I also have a proper tripod and a Arca-Swiss Monobal head

What I don't have is a proper scanner for 4x5 size, so I have been reading the thread about DSLR scanners and thinking about building something like that to myself. I have all the needed electronics, materials and software since I have built somewhat similar stuff for animation rigs... I just wish I had more time...

Cheers,
    Henri