Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So where's that "hand slapping the forehead" emoticon for ebay listings?

Lightbulb So where's that "hand slapping the forehead" emoticon for ebay listings?

Gotta love ebay, some people have no idea what they have...Much less how to research pricing...One would think that FILM(in this case a 10sht box of expired Provia 4x5) would need to be protected... Nope...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUJI-PROVIA-...item19ceee1f2a

-Dan

Re: So where's that "hand slapping the forehead" emoticon for ebay listings?

I tend to watch for old unexposed glass plates on the 'bay to experiment with. Quite often clueless sellers will open the box and fan out "all twelve plates" to show that they are all present and accounted for. Uhhhh.....

Jonathan

Looks like the seller is showing that the film is in its original sealed inner sleeve, which would be the right thing to do, at least if the seal on the box has already been broken. Experienced buyers will pay little no nothing for film with both seals broken - the risk of prior exposure or storage damage aside there is a high risk that sellers have "inspected each sheet". I've even seen sellers post a photograph with the sheets carefully arranged in fan shape...

Quote Originally Posted by Sevo View Post
    Looks like the seller is showing that the film is in its original sealed inner sleeve, which would be the right thing to do, at least if the seal on the box has already been broken. Experienced buyers will pay little no nothing for film with both seals broken - the risk of prior exposure or storage damage aside there is a high risk that sellers have "inspected each sheet". I've even seen sellers post a photograph with the sheets carefully arranged in fan shape...
    I did experiment with the foil sleve inside the PRovia pack and found that it was light-tight on its own. As long as it's sealed, should nothing to worry about.
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)

I figure if they are stupid to open a sealed box which says on the label "Open only in total darkness" that they are stupid enough to check what is inside the sealed envelope. I won't touch it.
    Michael Cienfuegos

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I have ceased to be amazed at either people's stupidity, greed, or self-centeredness anymore. there is a lot of all three seen too often. "Who cares" has become the attitude I try to maintain. That said... I fail often.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

In this situation... at least the foil pouch appears to be facdtory sealed.

The Rookie

I still don't think anything beats the post on APUG about trying to find the ICC printer profile for Fuji Crystal Archive paper. The guy was having trouble figuring out why the paper wasn't working in his ink-jet printer.
    Yeah. I'm familiar with Photoshop. It's the place I buy my film.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cienfuegos View Post
    I figure if they are stupid to open a sealed box which says on the label "Open only in total darkness" that they are stupid enough to check what is inside the sealed envelope. I won't touch it.
    Granted, but if the price was really good you could at least be certain it's not exposed if the pouch is sealed.

Mostly certain anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    I still don't think anything beats the post on APUG about trying to find the ICC printer profile for Fuji Crystal Archive paper. The guy was having trouble figuring out why the paper wasn't working in his ink-jet printer.
    We had the opposite problem in one of the classes here. The Photography teacher told me two students were having trouble getting their negatives to print. Turns out they bought inkjet paper for a darkroom class!
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)

The Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by unixrevolution View Post
    We had the opposite problem in one of the classes here. The Photography teacher told me two students were having trouble getting their negatives to print. Turns out they bought inkjet paper for a darkroom class!
    I guess this kind of thing is really to be expected sooner or later. A friend of mine asked a young employee at a department store where the film was. The poor kid had no idea what film was. When they finally found it, he was amazed at this new thing called "camera film".
    Yeah. I'm familiar with Photoshop. It's the place I buy my film.