Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bogen Quick Release Plate Problem

Re: Bogen Quick Release Plate Problem

Dennis, your plate is square. We're talking about a hexagonal plate. I gave the Manfrotto numbers in post #2 in this thread.

The plate I showed is a hex plate with a 4 inch base. It works in the standard hex plate tripod head.
    Dennis

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I've put a piece of soft leather (buckskin is what I used) or closed-cell foam between my camera mount and the Bogan/Manfrotto hex plate to minimize twisting. Both products helped in my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The plate I showed is a hex plate with a 4 inch base. It works in the standard hex plate tripod head.
    Dennis
    Dennis,
    do you know the part number of that particular plate
    looks like a good solution
    thanks
    you can find my images on flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/feberdt/sets/

I pulled that picture off an old Sandy King ad here in the forum. Unfortunately I think the plate has been discontinued and you have to find them on ebay. I have bought two from ebay so now I have 3. The plate works well with a Rolleiflex too because all the bottom feet on the Rollei sit on the plate. I will take a look in ebay and see if there is one now.
    Dennis

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manfrotto-03...item27c4fc479a

Here is one I think with the part number.

Actually now I look at that ebay ad it might be different. A bit smaller.

Even more great advice. Thanks for all the suggestions. Now I definitely don't feel alone!

I think my first solution will be to add some material between the plate and camera (latex perhaps?) and the crank it down hard with some kind of lever device in the slot.

The longer term solution may be to add a few more pegs to my aluminum plate to engage with the holes in the existing QR plate. That won't be much extra work at this point.

Richard

You might try some High friction material, available from Lee Valley tools, and I got something similar from Home Depot, but haven't tried it with a large camera. I use a 410 head with my Chamonix 4x5 (light weight) and use two screws through the plate into the base of the camera. I would look at doing something like that if you can, probably only need to drill one hole the camera base.
    Dave Hally

Quote Originally Posted by poliweb View Post
    Even more great advice. Thanks for all the suggestions. Now I definitely don't feel alone!I think my first solution will be to add some material between the plate and camera (latex perhaps?) and the crank it down hard with some kind of lever device in the slot.
    Richard
    Somewhere, sometime, I saw some Manfrotto documentation that recommended using a long stout screwdriver as a lever. Didn't work well for me, but you may have better luck.

I used a screwdriver in the slot and got an extra quarter turn of tightening. That made a big difference - no movement so far. Thanks for the suggestion.

Richard