Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did St. Nick bring You?

What did St. Nick bring You?

St. Nick brought me a copy of the 2004 Photographer's Market---I guess He couldn't find any 12x20 Folmer & Schwing film holders at the North Pole(but thats OK!) What cool LF photo toys St Nick bring You this year?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

An 8x10 Ansco, a Turner Reich triple convertible (12"/19"/25"), 3 8x10 holders and a custom case for all of the above

A lump of coal; maybe I should try carbon printing.....

Ansel Adams at 100 - The Book.

Not strictly LF photo (or photo for that matter), but useful nonetheless - a new Leatherman tool and a new compass. Now if I get lost in the wilderness and die, I'm just gonna feel stupid...

What could be a lump of coal or a nice diamond.

To wit, a 16/2.5 Luminar that has problems. How bad they are remains to be seen. The lens forms an image and cleanly resolves the tick marks on my 100 marks/mm stage micrometer, but ... The big obvious thing is what appears to be balsam (now hard, didn't used to be, amber color with embedded bubbles) that has extruded from the barrel around the periphery of the front element. The balsam, if that's what it is, is visible to the naked eye, seeing the finer details requires a microscope.

Should be able to borrow a known good one for comparison, also a USAF 1951 target on glass that goes to 228/lpmm for more serious testing.

Cheers,

Dan

A Speedotron 2401a with 102 head, so I can finally do some still life with the 8x10. A brick of TMX 120, and 10 rolls of Pan F+ 120. Some money, and a B&H gift card. Ansel Adams: Examples. Some little trinkets. The Concert for George CD set. And finally, from my aunt, "The New Manual of Photography" by Hedgecoe which is arguably the worst photo book ever. According to what is subtitled "the definitive guide to photography in every format", sheet film only exists in 5x4, 5x7, and 10x8 sizes. No mention of larger or smaller ever existing. No mention of alternative processes. I'll write him a letter before i return it. Anyone else not like him?

Robert Adams books and a Logan framers edge Matt Cutter. Better than I had anticipated!

And lots of calories.

A 2004 Harley Davidson Road King Custom. It's going to be real interesting trying to cram all of my LF gear into those saddlebags.

Please accept my apologies for the above post. I just reread John's original posting and he clearly stated "LF photo toys". A Harley certainly does not qualify. Perhaps next year Santa will bring me a set of reading glasses.