Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POLAROID 4x5 Conversion !! A new project !!

POLAROID 4x5 Conversion !! A new project !!

I'm proud to present me:
    I'm Marco Lucifora, a young architect and designer with passion for photography.
    In these days i've started to project a new kind of 4x5 conversion for Polaroid cameras like the 110, 110A, 110B, 120, 150, 160, 900..
    I'm lokking for people who are interested in this kind of things and if you want you can take a look at my project page in the indiegogo crowdfounding site where i'll post all the updated news!!

http://www.indiegogo.com/polaroid4x5

Comments are welcome!!!

Re: POLAROID 4x5 Conversion !! A new project !!

Hi
    just to let you know that i'm just finishing the desing of 3d models needed to make this back and i'm evaluating how to realize the very first early prototype ...... cnc machine or 3d printing (SLS) .... To find the more precise, fast and maybe chep solution !!

There's some good competition out there, Razzle, Alpenhause and Byron, to name a few, but I wish you luck!

Hi,
    Thanks man .... you've been very kind !!
    I hope to have luck too ... and i'm woking for !!!

Is this a non-destructive version of the 4x5 Polaroid mods we see elsewhere?
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)

Quote Originally Posted by aluncrockford View Post
    Those look exactly like the Alpenhause conversions, but instead of a dollar sign, somebody stuck a Pound sign in there!

Being quite honest with you as someone who has made a few conversions going back nearly a decade, the amount of your "benefits" looks like you want to make money off the funding. Also, any conversion that doesn't lop off the end of the camera and lose many of the heavy parts is not worth doing in my opinion. I only speak from experience. I am afraid that with the current confines of what you are doing it won't be too successful. You simply won't be able to put the focus point at the current focus point of the camera and that will require whoever wants to modify a 110 to move the front standard regardless of the kind of back you make that will bolt on.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Fada View Post
    Being quite honest with you as someone who has made a few conversions going back nearly a decade, the amount of your "benefits" looks like you want to make money off the funding. Also, any conversion that doesn't lop off the end of the camera and lose many of the heavy parts is not worth doing in my opinion. I only speak from experience. I am afraid that with the current confines of what you are doing it won't be too successful. You simply won't be able to put the focus point at the current focus point of the camera and that will require whoever wants to modify a 110 to move the front standard regardless of the kind of back you make that will bolt on.
    Please don't be so quick to judge my work in sort of swindle !!!
    In a couple of weeks i'll be able to post some image of the first prototype, even without any contribution.
    The reasons are following:
    1- I'd like to patent what i'm doing and this is a quite long bureaucratic procedure here in Italy.
    2- I've tried to make prototype in ergal but it was very expensive so i'm contacting people that make SLS print directly from my 3d models and this can be the right way.

And if you ask me why i've created an Indiegogo page project here's the answer: i have to understand if what i'm creating is interesting for people or noone cares about; being paied means also buy the final product or discount for buying it. It's not absolutely to stole money or to have "benefits" like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by unixrevolution View Post
    Is this a non-destructive version of the 4x5 Polaroid mods we see elsewhere?
    Yes, it's not the "most revolutionary invention of this century".
    It's only a way to try to convert old Polaroid roll camera in a easier and cheaper way.
    That's all.