Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudos To Jim at Midwest Photo

Kudos To Jim at Midwest Photo

When I purchased my Zone VI (Tachihara) on e-xxx several years ago, I was disappointed to find that one of the knobs was not working properly. After making several posts on this and other forums, I finally decided to follow other's advice and contact Jim at MPEX. Jim answered my questions and stated that he would check his inventory or contact Tachihara to see if he could get the part.

Jim responded the next day - MPEX had the part in stock. The knob arrived today and, finally, the front rise on my camera is tight.

Thanks Jim and I hope we can do business again soon.

Dave Held

Re: Kudos To Jim at Midwest Photo

Jims the Man!
    He sold me my Deardorff and 14" Commercial Ektar and a bunch of other gear. He's one of the nicest people to deal with on the planet.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Dave Karp

Jim is awesome.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Agreed.

ditto

Metolholic

I've heard wonderful things about, Jim. I bought my Ries tripod from Midwest and a couple of accessories but I've never been able to reach, Jim. When I was looking for a 300mm Fujinon C I called and could not reach him. I sent him a direct e-mail about it and never received a reply. (I have since purchased the lens from a forum member).

He must be in great demand... =)

Octogenarian

Hi Shawn,

Jim is involved with equipping teaching institutions and instructing students with scanning and digital printing.

He travels frequently and is out of the store much of the time.

However, he is in constant communication and usually answers his Emails very quickly.

Surprised he missed your request.

He can be reached at: jim@mpex.com

Yeah, Jim is truly a legend...always a pleasure to work with.

Richard Brown

Hey everyone.....I am so tired of everybody praising this guy..... whatever happened to acknowledging crappy service????? what about those folks who ignore inquiries, are rude and condescending????
    They deserve our attention and kudos to them.... without the folks that send us the wrong gear, sluff off broken, crappy items NOT as described and rip us off for our hard-earned dollars - well, where would
    we be? Let's hear it for those twits and our ability through forums and anti-social media to point them out to friends we have never met.
    And have people like Jim Andracki (and the equally fine staff members at MidWest Photo Exchange) show us what we should expect and that so many of us have enjoyed for years. In all seriousness, the people
    in this forum and in the growing pack of photographers are fortunate to have stores like this available to us and Jim is the best of the best.... but not alone. This particular store seems to have grown a lot lately
    and Jim is super busy working outside of the store and helping all sorts of new photographers so if you don't get an answer right away, be patient. And be thankful for really great people like Jim. And the rest of
    the staff there. And if you are up in western Canada like me, check out The Camera Store in Calgary..... another source of great people and prices too.
    Thank you Jim for helping me explore my creativity with big cameras..... and setting an example as to how one should live one's life.
    Richard Brown

It has been some time since I purchased anything from Jim at Midwest, but I bought quite a bit from him several years ago. Always top notch service. I'm sure I will be dealing with Midwest again soon, with pleasure.