Thread: LIGHTING STUDIO PHOTOGRAPH with PROVIA 100F 4X5" (Light - Exposure - Filters)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LIGHTING STUDIO PHOTOGRAPH with PROVIA 100F 4X5" (Light - Exposure - Filters)

Hello

I am new in LF and i am going soon adapting in Studio a painting to photography.
    The scene is very contrasty and i have no idea about what lights to use for the scene.
    For the exam we have just two shoots, that is two sheets of PROVIA 100F no more. I think we could use some school's Elinchom Flashes.
    I guess i have to deal with the color temperature (how to do it?), conversion filters (80A?), my main problem is the correctness of the exposure with the PROVIA 100F film (i never use it).
    Could you suggest me some advises?

Thank you.

Re: LIGHTING STUDIO PHOTOGRAPH with PROVIA 100F 4X5" (Light - Exposure - Filters)

Typically flashes are daylight balanced, google the manufacturer and check it out. If true that means your Provia will work without filters.

The rest of your assignment seems to be an exercise in setting up a studio exposure. You'll need a flash meter.
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. ~ Mark Twain