Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Article in current issue of View Camera

Re: Article in current issue of View Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman View Post
    The New England Large Format Photography Collective is centered in New England. We are a group of presently 24, most New England states, California, Texas, Wisconsin and Florida.

We meet quarterly and usually hold an annual Large Format weekend where we bring in some national talent and enjoy fellowship among those who embraced the upside down image.

Additionally, leading off this March 29 - April 1,2012 Large Format weekend we partner with a local Cancer Center for an exhibition of approximately 100 images where all monies raised go to surviving cancer patients day to day needs.

You may see some terrific images, many donated by frequent contributors and moderators on this very forum. http://www.nelfpc.com/rog-2012/
    I hope to make it out to your area one of these days to sit in on one of your meetings. I checked out your groups philanthropic efforts and it put a big smile on my face. What a great idea.

During a recent business trip to Cleveland I was able to meet some of the great members of the local group there. We had a great dinner and John Powers was kind enough to organize a field trip and let me burn some sheet film in his marvelous Phillips 8x10. If anyone gets to the Denver area during the second weekend of the month please let us know. We would love to have a visitor drop by.

I often photograph with a group of 6-8 folks. Only six of the group shoot large format and we don't always take the large format cameras. Some days we just go with our DSLRs (gasp). We usually meet at 6am at a Starbucks. We drive and photograph in the country west of town. We end up at a great mom and pop eating establishment for lunch. Then make our way back to town and call it a day. We get to drive, talk photography, photograph, and eat well.

Those are good days.
    My Arca-Swiss Camera Blog- The Large Format Camera Blog

My website-WildernessPhotographer

Jim Sidinger

Quote Originally Posted by Darren H View Post
    I often photograph with a group of 6-8 folks... Some days we just go with our DSLRs (gasp).
    I thought that the four-letter D**R word was banned from this polite society. What kind of joint are we running here? ;>}

Seriously, though, if you have the right companions, days out like that can be a great experience.

Arca-Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I'm in grand rapids, michigan. There doesn't seem to be any LF groups (or photgraphy groups) for that matter around here. Sorry, lighthouses, pets, senior portrait fauxtographers, don't count!
    Vinny, If you email me, I will connect you with a guy I got started in Large Format who moved to Michigan. Very nice guy who loves his 4x5.
    He is looking for LF people in Michigan as well.
    Rod
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com