Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article in current issue of View Camera

Re: Article in current issue of View Camera

OH! You mean that View Camera is still being occasionally published? Who'd a'thunk it?
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Zebra

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    What a well done video. Absolutely excellent. Ditto for the images. You guys have taken wet plate to new levels. I have a whole new appreciation for what you guys do.
    Thank you Michael and Kirk.

Monty

Monty,

Thanks for providing the link to the video. If memory services, it was in 2010 that Sam Wang and I dropped by while your workshop was going on at your place in Asheville. We really enjoyed watching you guys and gals doing your magic, and your dedication and results are sure deserving of the term master platters. Wish you luck for future work shops.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Sounds good, Eric. I look forward to seeing you.

Wayne
    Wayne Lambert
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    www.waynelambert.net

Good article indeed. I agree that having a good group of folks of similar mind can make photography fun and add a social aspect to it that is sometimes otherwise missed.
    My Arca-Swiss Camera Blog- The Large Format Camera Blog

My website-WildernessPhotographer

Jim Sidinger

Quote Originally Posted by Darren H View Post
    Good article indeed. I agree that having a good group of folks of similar mind can make photography fun and add a social aspect to it that is sometimes otherwise missed.
    I agree with the above. Some similarity is necessary - like a being open to learning; a willingness to check egos at the door; and a hefty dose of civility. But, as Eric noted and showed in the article, our group is made up of people of varied subject interests and skills in different aspects of the LF art. In some ways, I think this has helped make it much better than if we were all too much alike. Not only do we profit in our critique sessions because of our varied artistic approaches but I know I also gain in learning about others' techniques. Adds much to the mix!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post

I second the great job that Eric did in authoring the article and describing the marvelous attributes of participating in such a group.
    Hi Michael,

Congratulations to Eric and to the other members of the group for the article, and for your commitment to photography. I was especially glad to see your print in the magazine as it reminded me of the great road trips we made through Wyoming and Montana some years ago. Hope to see more of your work in publication in the future.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

If anyone is up in between Denver and Utah (I'm in Glenwood Springs), I'd be happy to put together a group up here. I shoot on a wisner 4x5.

Regards,
    ~Joel

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Hi Michael,

Congratulations to Eric and to the other members of the group for the article, and for your commitment to photography. I was especially glad to see your print in the magazine as it reminded me of the great road trips we made through Wyoming and Montana some years ago. Hope to see more of your work in publication in the future.

Sandy
    Thanks Sandy. I truly enjoyed our time in the field and hope that we can do it again. The group has been the reminder to me that I need to allocate more of my time printing.

The New England Large Format Photography Collective is centered in New England. We are a group of presently 24, most New England states, California, Texas, Wisconsin and Florida.

We meet quarterly and usually hold an annual Large Format weekend where we bring in some national talent and enjoy fellowship among those who embraced the upside down image.

Additionally, leading off this March 29 - April 1,2012 Large Format weekend we partner with a local Cancer Center for an exhibition of approximately 100 images where all monies raised go to surviving cancer patients day to day needs.

You may see some terrific images, many donated by frequent contributors and moderators on this very forum. http://www.nelfpc.com/rog-2012/

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com