Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article in current issue of View Camera

Article in current issue of View Camera

In the current issue of View Camera (January/February, 2012), Eric Biggerstaff has an excellent article discussing small photo groups and suggestions for organizing and maintaining such groups. I have been in several such groups and found them to be very helpful; I would second his suggestion to looking into organizing a group around your interests. As a real plus, the article is beautifully illustrated with a photograph by each member of his Denver-area group. I have had the pleasure of meeting the members of the group and as you can see from the photographs, they and the group seem to be working very well!

Wayne
    Wayne Lambert
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    www.waynelambert.net

Re: Article in current issue of View Camera

Great to hear from you Wayne. We really enjoyed your time in the Denver LF Photographer Group and hope we can all see more of your marvelous photographers in person. We have been talking about a road trip to New Mexico and hope we can make it happen.

I second the great job that Eric did in authoring the article and describing the marvelous attributes of participating in such a group.

Michael,

I'm in Parker. Would there be a chance to meet some of the group in the near future?

I'm currently shooting a Zone VI (Tachihara) and an Anniv. Speed Graphic. I would love to get in touch with local, Denver Area, like-minded photographers.

Dave Held

I'm in grand rapids, michigan. There doesn't seem to be any LF groups (or photgraphy groups) for that matter around here. Sorry, lighthouses, pets, senior portrait fauxtographers, don't count!

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I'm in grand rapids, michigan. There doesn't seem to be any LF groups (or photgraphy groups) for that matter around here. Sorry, lighthouses, pets, senior portrait fauxtographers, don't count!
    All you need are like minded photographers and a leader. That is what we did in Denver as we did not have a formed group as well. that way you can set the parameters for the group. Seems to me that without any groups the ground should be fertile.

Thanks, Michael. Do come down. It would be good to see you all. Let me know when you might be coming, and I'll see what photography is up.

Wayne
    Wayne Lambert
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    www.waynelambert.net

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

There are several of us here in Utah who have started an 8x10 group. So far it's only on Facebook, but we're thinking of ways to exhibit this year. We don't really feel the need to go out and shoot, as we are all busy doing our own thing. All of us are already established photographers, but we thought it would be a good idea if all the 8x10 guys here at least knew each other. Several are members here on LFF.

Quote Originally Posted by michael slade View Post
    There are several of us here in Utah who have started an 8x10 group. So far it's only on Facebook, but we're thinking of ways to exhibit this year. We don't really feel the need to go out and shoot, as we are all busy doing our own thing. All of us are already established photographers, but we thought it would be a good idea if all the 8x10 guys here at least knew each other. Several are members here on LFF.
    Hi Michael, any of you guys in eastern Utah near my neck of the woods?
    Regards
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Lambert View Post
    Thanks, Michael. Do come down. It would be good to see you all. Let me know when you might be coming, and I'll see what photography is up.

Wayne
    Will let you know when we can make the trip.

Michael, I too enjoyed Eric's article, please let him know if he doesn't check in here. I am not a "group" person, but the occasional photo companion does add to the experience, especially noting how differently shared subject matter is interpreted.

You have mastered large format, Old #22 looks terrific!